Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

European Open

What fantastic crowds,the Old man went today 20 thousand turned up.My brother who is taking his pga coaching badges went yesterday to the pro-am managed to walk down fairway with Justin Rose chatting to his caddie and coach.He told me this morning Ross Fisher hits it miles,then Fisher goes and shots 9 under.I'm going saturday can't wait,im hoping Poulter makes the cut would like to walk round watching him.All in all if this proves a success i can see the London club holding this event for a few years.

Comments

• Options
    I owned a farmhouse overlooking the course for 13 years, and they only ever seemed to hold minor tournaments in my time, its about time they had a decent event on. I used to walk my dog every night across the public footpath that disects the centre of the course.....miss my house!
  • Options
    Fisher also drove the ball over 400yrds!!
  • Options
    The crowds were good yesterday but poor today, something to do with yesterday being free maybe?!!

I'm playing there next Saturday.
  • Options
    Ian Poulter used to give me lessons for a pound before he was famous!
  • Options
    went yesterday and must admit I thought there would be more people, still a cracking day though
  • Options
    went today got there at 7.30am got home at 7.30pm .Ian Poulter needs to be more professional when he gets off to a bad start,christ he sulks like a baby.Ross Fisher on the other hand what a talent and a gentleman with it.Walked nine holes with David Howell he is struggling at the moment,walked 9 holes with Justin Rose he struggled,done a few with monty,garcia (nice to see him have to hack out sideways like the rest of us).It blew a gale there today and i asked Howard Clark how the course was holding up as a tournament venue.He said very well but it needed the wind.Saw the first group off the first and last off the eighteeth.Can't wait until next year,i knackered time for a curry and a glass of red.
  • Options
    I hope your trapsing about everywhere hasn't ruined the course for me next Saturday Steve!
  • Options
    i've trampled in the rough which should make your day a lot easier ;-)
  • Options
    Do you putt from the rough?...
  • Options
    I loved it. Went on Friday, took my dad for his birthday and we thought it was awesome. got there for 7.30 and watched Sergio for the first 3 holes (he started on the 10th) then caught up with Oliver Fisher a young 19 year old who we followed from the 16th, to 18th and then the first 9. He was with Bjorn and Dougherty. He had his mates supporting him with "FISH" on the front and "we follow the fish ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh" on the back. great banter with them. When they finished on the 9th we picked up Monty, Padraig, Poulter, Clarke, Karlsson going round from the 1st, but as we'd already done the first 9, we pitched up by the 7th and watched loads coming through then followed Padraig round for a bit, we over took them on the 17th, and got a spot by the 18th, and watched loads more coming in then went back to the 9th to watch a few of them coming in. surprised how empty it got after Monty finished!!!
    Glad Oliver Fisher made the cut, and although his other rounds weren't as strong, for a 19 yr old, he did bloody well! we saw Darren Clarke finish and then get disqualified!

Saw Eltham Addick and said hello, but don't think he knew who i was! he was in the bar bit!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    oh, and i'm really badly sunburnt. friday was glorious.
  • Options
    oliver fisher is the youngest ever player to come through qualifying school,won his card as a 17 year old.Hs a excellant amateur record,nike spotted his talent and offered him a great sponsors contract.
  • Options
    Saw it from the M20 yesterday.....very windy and p!ssing down...lol
  • Options
    Has anyone applied for these tickets this year? it starts next Thursday and the tickets are free.

I've got 4 for the Saturday and 4 for the Sunday. Should be good!
  • Options
    i played there last week,it was all in very fine form indeed.
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    yep, got 4 for next Friday although not looking like I'll be able to go at the moment due to work committments.....

Suzi - Yep I knew who you were last year, apologies for the probable 'glazed' look, we didn't venture to far from the bar !
  • Options
    You can apply for more with another address if you want to go at the weekend?
  • Options
    i've tickets for the sat and sun, probably going sat only.

we're stalking you and Dec !
  • Options
    stop following us! :-)
  • Options
    I'm heading down saturday, first time been to watch golf before so not sure what to expect, play a fair bit now and well into it so think should be good as long as the weather holds out.

Although if was as nice as has been this week gonna get myself a round, down 72 holes this week, god i'm starting to love this being unemployed malarky!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: scruffle[/cite]I'm heading down saturday, first time been to watch golf before so not sure what to expect, play a fair bit now and well into it so think should be good as long as the weather holds out.

Although if was as nice as has been this week gonna get myself a round, down 72 holes this week, god i'm starting to love this being unemployed malarky!!

What an absolutely crackin day was had by all, deff going again next year if its at London Club again.

Highlight of the day - watchin mrs doubtfire/monty miss a 2 yard putt, shockinly pleasing that was!!
  • Options
    heading down there in about an hour.

From memory, any decent spot to head for where to stand ?
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]heading down there in about an hour.

From memory, any decent spot to head for where to stand ?

maybe bit late now but if you go to the RHS of the 1st tea off you can interchance between everyone teeing off and then also see the approach play and putting on the 9th. Also we sat mainly on the 18th yesterday and sat LHS beyond the grandstand, had loadsa room and reet good view

4238_86451834267_604189267_1716199_2837938_n.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    We weren't too far away from the fella that got hit from Quiros' ball after his drive on the 18th. Poor fella. blood everywhere. Quiros came over and said "hello, i'm sorry, are you ok?" after his shot he looked to see how he was doing - still caked in blood with tons of bandages on his head but on his way to the first aid bit on the back of a buggy giving Quiros the thumbs up!

Spent half the day on the 18th watching Ollie Fisher, Monty and Garcia coming in, then walked up to the 7th and watched the leaders come round and stood next to Keith Peacock, then headed up to the 14th where we sat watching everyone come round till we walked the last 4 holes alternating watching shots from the last 3 pairings till we got a good spot on the 18th to watch the final putt and the champagne.

great day.