Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

album of 2008

edited July 2008 in Not Sports Related
Q1: Do you have a favourite album released this year?

Q2: how about a much older album that is great but you have only just discovered in the kast year?

Comments

• 1. Seldom Seen Kid - Elbow

2. Chairs Missing - Wire
  • Late of the Pier - fantasy black channel , gonna be quite big this band

Stone Roses - Stone Roses
  • Buckshee i posted Late of the Pier Zarcorp demo on here a couple of months ago managed to see the band a couple of times agree with they are gonna be big.Top Blokes too.
  • mate produced the album and I'm rather impressed despite thinking I wouldn't be
  • Erol Alkan?
  • dig lazurus dig - nick cave
    april - mark kozelek
  • oh the older album just discovered..... crazy on the weekend by Sunhouse absolute gem.
  • Blimey its a bit early to say yet. I guess at the moment I'd go for Synthetique by The Prototypes or for the SVN Fingers mini album by Black Francis.
  • edited July 2008
    [cite]Posted By: shrew[/cite]dig lazurus dig - nick cave
    april - mark kozelek

Cave is always good value, isn't he? That Grinderman album was one of my favourites from last year.
  • For an older album I'd go for Kalgoorlie Love Songs by Kevin Bloody Wilson - absolutely hilarious, haven't stopped laughing since I discovered this.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Curbey[/cite]Erol Alkan?

ideed it is
  • Santogold - Santogold

Lykke LI - Youth Novels

Blood Red Shoes - Box of Secrets
  • [cite]Posted By: Stig[/cite]For an older album I'd go for Kalgoorlie Love Songs by Kevin Bloody Wilson - absolutely hilarious, haven't stopped laughing since I discovered this.

KBW - a man amongst sheep. Top artist.

Q1 - Here We Stand - The Fratellis
    Q2 - American 4 - Johnny Cash
  • (New) In Silico - Pendulum
    (New) Angles - Dan Le Sac Vs Scroobius Pip
  • [cite]Posted By: Algarveaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Stig[/cite]For an older album I'd go for Kalgoorlie Love Songs by Kevin Bloody Wilson - absolutely hilarious, haven't stopped laughing since I discovered this.

KBW - a man amongst sheep. Top artist.

I went to see KBW a couple of years ago. Very funny man.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: shrew[/cite]dig lazurus dig - nick cave
    april - mark kozelek[/quote]

Have you seen there is a Nick Cave night tonight from 9:30 on BBC4?
  • Has anyone heard Elbow's new one?
  • edited July 2008
    [cite]Posted By: kimbo[/cite] Nick Cave night tonight from 9:30 on BBC4

Excellent. Cheers for the tip off.
  • Yeah i actually got it off the back of seeing them on Glastonbury on bbc3, it's pretty good.Especially "One Day like this".
  • flight of the conchords

the macc lads live in leeds
  • Sponsored links:

• The first song on Flight of the Conhords album has me in stitches every time "Foux da Fafa" I think
  • Santogold album's pretty good
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Curbey[/cite]The first song on Flight of the Conhords album has me in stitches every time "Foux da Fafa" I think[/quote]

its a funny album, the hiphopapotamus....
  • Did whatch the series on TV?
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Curbey[/cite]Did whatch the series on TV?[/quote]

yea, theyre doing another series for later this year i think, very funny
  • just listening to Bon Iver - For emma, forever ago

Sweeeet Album especially if u like the likes of Bonny prince Billy / Ray le montagne
    Best so far in 2008 for me
  • The last Fratellis album is the only thing lately that hasn't made my ears bleed. A couple of new bands that I've seen live but haven't got any product out Rawfox and O are both great (check Myspace)

In terms of older stuff I've recently dusted off the Dictators and Depeche Mode, who'd I'd thought were ponces, unreasonably
  • Shrew> Mate of mine bought me Bon Iver for my birthday. Listening to it at the mo. Brilliant isnt it.

I am also getting into Gideon Conn. He played a gig my brother put on at the Social in July and is awesome, bought his EP from him that night. Such a nice bloke.
  • 2008 - Last Shadow Puppets - Age of the Understatement

Oldish from 2007, Burial - Untrue
  • Newie - HERE I STAND - USHER
    Oldie - EXPANSIONS - LONNIE LISTON SMITH