Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Best opposition player you've seen at the Valley ?

edited August 2006 in General Charlton
We'll stick to the Valley as i may have to include Ronnie Rosenthal !

For me, the first couple of times i saw Ryan Giggs in the flesh at the Valley blew me away. Always knew he was good, but its only when you are at the game you realise the pace in which he travels and how that ball sticks to his foot.

Still don't think we've seen anywhere near the best of Henry at the Valley.

Comments

• Giggs in the 3-3 was outstanding.

Henry in the 3-0 a few years back
  • In terms of effectiveness and impact in the game watched I'm struggling to think beyond Rooney last season particularly the goal he set up for Van Nistelroy which, to paraphrase the excellent Frankie Valley, led to the destruction of the Jimmy Seed,a steward being raped and Reg going mental.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Giggs in the 3-3 was outstanding.

Henry in the 3-0 a few years back[/quote]

Agreed- I also seem to remember David Ginola was awesome in the 1-4 at a very very wet valley in the season we were relegated
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: stanmoreaddick[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Giggs in the 3-3 was outstanding.

Henry in the 3-0 a few years back[/quote]

Agreed- I also seem to remember David Ginola was awesome in the 1-4 at a very very wet valley in the season we were relegated[/quote]

Good shout on Ginola.
  • Zola for Chelsea a couple of times
  • For some reason I remember John Ostler ripping us apart when he played for Grimsby.
  • Marco Gabbiadini was fantastic when Sunderland ripped us apart midweek at Upton Park.

Away from home, Collymore one season at Forest completely destroyed us. Mind you, i think he did have Alan McCleary marking him !