Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

1,700 Spurs tickets - too few?

WSSWSS
edited November 2006 in General Charlton
I think we could sell more than this, our away following has improved significantly this year for one reason or another.

Spurs Tickets On Sale to ST Holders

Comments

• i think they are probably taking a conservative line, hardly surprising given last season's show - our support was a total embarrassment that day
  • you're right our away support is poor in numbers to say the least.... i mean 500 at chelsea is a joke
  • conversely though, Fulham was good support as tomorrow will be
  • I will be making my first away appearance of the season!!
  • our away support is primarily decided on what the home team is charging i think.

i flat refuse to pay what Chelsea charge.
  • [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]i mean 500 at chelsea is a joke

we successfully boycotted that one.
  • new ground mentality tomorrow.....like soton for our first visit, then the next few years abysmal
  • boycott my ar*e
  • it isn't that bad mortimer - we just need to get people realising that away games are about 10 times more fun than homes... anyway - our away support has definitely picked up this season, no doubt.
  • if you can afford / wish to pay £48 a ticket, good for you mate.

I'll happily watch it in the pub.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: PeakeysRocket[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]i mean 500 at chelsea is a joke

we successfully boycotted that one.

actually, all true city addicks took advantage of the fact that the city was awash with corporate tickets that day and therefore had no need of paying the inflated prices they charge...a problem jose mourino is obviously becoming acutely aware of and no doubt the reason why he was moved to comment on why most fans at stamford bridge do not seem to be getting behind his team these days...bloke sitting next to me that day was being told the name of the chelsea players throughout the match and what they were trying to do...
  • unfortunately if you look at our average home crowd to our away following i think only fulham could push us for the worst support(in numbers)....i remember getting an away season ticket for our first year in the premiership.....lol
  • blackburn, bolton, wigan and middlesbrough also have a poor away following
  • WSSWSS
    edited November 2006
    We have to remember that our support comes from one area predominantly whereas other clubs have fans all over the country.

Clubs similar to us also have poor away support.

Wigan, Fulham, Bolton, Blackburn etc

Edit: Leaburn, damn you!
  • well then 1700 sounds about right.
  • hehe apologies WSS, as a fellow west stand singer myself ;)
  • [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]i think they are probably taking a conservative line, hardly surprising given last season's show - our support was a total embarrassment that day

Spurs away was on TV last season, which may have been a factor.
  • edited November 2006
    I wanted to leave at half time last season. it was dire, awful, depressing. tho sausage, tavern and i were kept amused by the w**ker hand signals. i am going again but mainly cos I have relations in town and they are being taken to that game also.
  • you should've followed me on 46 mins, b.
  • Sponsored links:

• I was too ill to go, and I'm kind of grateful I had a nasty and messy bug now.
  • [cite]Posted By: les_says[/cite]you should've followed me on 46 mins, b.

Your right we should have done really... was it the season before when we were 3 nil up on 50 mins and cruising? mind you the last 30 mins were tense!

still had a bit of entertainment with giles and his danny murphy banner towel protest.
  • yeah, that year was great.

how did you do that cross out thing?
  • fourth button in on the toolbar just above. mark the word and press. hey presto.
  • edited November 2006
    how did you do that cross out thing?
  • 1700 is ok!Only a few of us went last year!I know it was on tv but come on!
  • I went to Spurs away last season. If DB's goal had gone in instead of hitting the crossbar it may have been a different story.

I found it more entertaining watching the kiddies play up down at the front.
  • 1700 is fair. Will try and get a lower tier seat though much better than upstairs. Usually a good day out against the Yids