Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Walkabout Pub meet and Rollcall thread

MCSMCS
edited November 2006 in General Charlton
Hi peeps. This is a thread to let all in on where we could meet, as Suzi quite rightly said to get some atmosphere going before we goo to the ground. Also to be clever, i have made this a rollcall to Reading away thread too! Check out the link for the pub, will be there from about 12.45 to 1pm!

Walkabout Whereabouts

Enjoy the day, and of course 'Come on you Addicks'!

Comments

• [cite]Posted By: les_says[/cite]wallop

Get a room!
  • Not going, but a bit of help getting to the pub...

The map on that site is a bit misleading.... Come out of the station and you'll see the hill straight in front of you (Station Road). Go up this hill to the crossroads (Pitcher and Piano will be on the corner on your left), go to the left, and the Walkabout is on the left, sitting back from the road, about 3 mins walk...... Have a few VB's for me....
  • Thanks Medders,

we then just jump on the shuttle bus back down at the station?
  • Even the old men of the group wont need a bus to get back to the station.... all downhill.....
  • i meant to the ground!
  • Oops, that'll teach me to read it properly!

Yep, bus goes from outside the station.... not sure exactly where but it shouldnt be too hard to spot.
  • Its likely that I will be driving.......whats the car parking situation like?
  • Sponsored links:

• you'll see some info in that llink i posted earlier. the away fans guide or something.
  • [cite]Posted By: Solidgone[/cite]Its likely that I will be driving.......whats the car parking situation like?

Dire to be honest. The ground is out on a business park with Comet etc etc and is well out of town (bit like Bolton if you've been there). Best bet is to get there early and just find a "football parking" type place.....
  • yeah been to bolton and the old reading ground. Just as I thought, its the typical industial sited ground. Well at least I can use some time up by buying a new telly.

Cmon you addicks!
  • edited November 2006
    Will be in the Walkabout with a couple of other slightly younger lifers.
  • I willbe the one with big fuzzy ginger beard! come say hello man
  • who you going with 04?
  • ketman, meeting up with some other lifers at paddington (i think ketman is my leader)
  • Is the Everton ticket still available 04. Gone quiet on the schools tickets!
    Enjoy the game tomorrow, we need a result and some lady luck!