Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Drinking in Reading

WSSWSS
edited November 2006 in General Charlton
Whereabouts?

I understand that there is a bus that ships people from the station to the ground but what are the drinking possibilities?

Comments

• Options
    there are about 3-4 pubs within 30yrds of the station.
  • Options
    Thanks AFKA
  • Options
    any names? think we need to decide on one to meet up in get the atmosphere going before the game? i know there is a wetherspoons up there from when i went to the reading festival
  • Options
    Good call suz, all in one pub methinks
  • Options
    can we drink in the ground? cos can you come down to the ground alittle early to have a pint with moi?
  • Options
    i hate wetherspoons....
  • Options
    MCSMCS
    edited November 2006
    I reckon call either one pub, or all in the ground in the concoarse!
  • Options
    we're getting to reading at 1 though, and i doubt they sell vodka, and if i drink beer i'll go doolally?!

I am up for going to a pub for an hour then making our way to the ground for 2?

i think les, buckshee, pickering, lee, inspector, rothko, 04 mcs, stanmore, ketman will be on our train too and maybe some others?
  • Options
    There's loads of choice.

Up the hill from the station, there's a couple of bars on the left.... one used to be Red Square but not sure if it's there anymore. At the top of that hill is a Pitcher and Piano. Then turning left at the top of the hill you're into Friar St.... Walkabout, Yates and another bar on your left hand side....
  • Options
    Oh, and here's a website that lists the pubs....

http://www.readingpubs.co.uk/
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    ok then, how about the walkabout everyone to meet, before we head to the ground?

thats easy to spot surely, and will have sports screens on all over so we could catch any game thats on? (anyone know what one?)

you coming too medders?
  • Options
    Suz, shall i put this up as a seperate thread, rollcall and meetin that said pub? Gauge the interest like?
  • Options
    if ya want
  • Options
    just looked on my tickets and they say £32. so how can the club prove that we only paid £28 for them?
  • Options
    Walkabout is a good call for you lot....