Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Blackpool player gone to norwich

edited June 2008 in Rumours
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12875_3742376,00.html

Comments

• http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12875_3742376,00.html
  • sorry lads and ladies the link is down Hooalhan has gone to norwich.
  • http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/norwich/7475232.stm
  • Iceberg, Iceberg!
  • Hoolihan, the bloke everyone on here as been banging on about here. he has just signed for Norwich. another one of are so called targets gone down the swanny.
  • hadn't heard...

;)
  • You just wait until we get Nobby Solano.
  • more chance og getting nobby styles to be honest.
  • I'd love to nobby join us on a wage cut and a point to prove, but i'd love to have seen Wes here as well, watching him on the TV for pool he did look a decent type, I can only imagine Pards see something in him he didn't like, or worse still we don't have 250k have done our load on fleetwood! given the choice I'd take wes any day of the week. A little disappointed.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]Hoolihan, the bloke everyone on here as been banging on about here. he has just signed for Norwich. another one of are so called targets gone down the swanny.

So has he gone to Swansea or Narwich, I'm confused.
  • Personally i just have this really bad feeling that we have done are deals for the summer in wise, think we will off load one or two more we may well be stuck with a couple if there are no takers. I think Pards is convinced that holland/Zheng/and another already here is enough when we all know its not. I know he is going down the charlton route of keeping things hush till there done deals, there are good players out there to be had Docherty and Huckerby from norwich are on frees. hope i am wrong tho and we have at least one 'wow,well done pards on that one' signing.
  • [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]Personally i just have this really bad feeling that we have done are deals for the summer in wise, think we will off load one or two more we may well be stuck with a couple if there are no takers. I think Pards is convinced that holland/Zheng/and another already here is enough when we all know its not. I know he is going down the charlton route of keeping things hush till there done deals, there are good players out there to be had Docherty and Huckerby from norwich are on frees. hope i am wrong tho and we have at least one 'wow,well done pards on that one' signing.

Could someone help me with the Swaheli to English translation please?
  • Thanks Adam - I can't be bothered keeping up with the big threads like the other Hoolahan one!
  • Sorry Brun ' Oxford English Dictionary' ello, I only get seconds to post on here when my boss is on the phone out or nipped out to make tea. I wish i could have all the time to correct my spelling and punctuation, but sadly i do not. I shall bow down to you're high standards of posts and try so awfuly to correct ones postings. I also have been battling keeping a high presured job with being dealt with the wonderful gift of dyslexia. Sorry if my postings get mumbled and messy. I am trying my hardest and will keep trying.
  • [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]Sorry Brun ' Oxford English Dictionary' ello, I only get seconds to post on here when my boss is on the phone out or nipped out to make tea. I wish i could have all the time to correct my spelling and punctuation, but sadly i do not. I shall bow down to you're high standards of posts and try so awfuly to correct ones postings. I also have been battling keeping a high presured job with being dealt with the wonderful gift of dyslexia. Sorry if my postings get mumbled and messy. I am trying my hardest and will keep trying.

You are missing an s in pressured. ;0)
  • were we after him?
  • he can't have been any good if it was only Norwich that were interested in him.

We should be setting out targets higher. I hear David Bentley wants to move from Blackburn, and that Spurs are willing to let Lennon go. Get in there Pards I say.
  • The theory is while we have shed loads of players to clear another 2-3 are expected to come in. Hoolahan does appear to br a big miss, but then there are other players out there and we are linked with the Liverpool winger on loan.

I suspect unitl we can move players out we are stuck financially, Bent is a big cost so too is Faye, the ghost of Dopwie nearly two years on looms large
  • that shoud be Dowbishley as Curbs signed Big Bent
  • Sponsored links:

• goalpostsinline said:

What an unbelievably good acquisistion Wes Hoolahan would have made to bolster Charlton's rather weak midfield. The most impressive player to visit the Valley last season. A player who dominates the midfield, prodigious workrate, strong in the challenge, deft touches prompting the forward line and a great dead ball delivery
    and all for 250k!!!!!!!!! I can't believe that he has not been snapped up by a premiership club. We seem to have been beaten to his signature by Norwich. Come on Charlton get your arse in gear!!!! Players of this quality don't come along too often, especially at this 'give away' price. Just imagine, Hoolahan's class with the promise of Shelvey
    too late now it seemes.
  • Let's wait and see what happens in the coming weeks regarding new recruits.

Aren't we jumping the gun a bit...
  • edited June 2008
    According to the Norwich/Norfolk local daily, the fee was £500,000 plus a player going the other way.
    EDP link