Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Away fans at the Valley

edited June 2008 in General Charlton
Reading the stats on the amount of away fans that come to the Valley, I thinks it's beacuse of where we put them. Over the years away teams know that there supporters will create a good atmosphere due to being in the JS stand. There was talk last season of moving them to the the side in the lower stand, did anything ever come of that or has the idea died. Villa moved the away fans last seson as O'Neil wanted Villa fans behind both goals to gee the team on, not a bad idea IMO.
Over the years we always appear to conceed more goals at that end and score less. Maybe we should be less accomadating of the away fans and start creating a good atmosphere at both ends.

Comments

• We're a good alround package for an away day.

Cheap tickets, good transport links, get given a decent pub for sole use, a good stand to make a racket, only a small risk of trouble, and more often than not, three points to celebrate with !
  • Im sure a few blocks in the west lower could be done

Staffing and security would really not be a problem,

We sometimes share the south with no problem

As all fans come together on the way to the station anyway

What happened to the old days when away fans were asked to remain in there seats for 5 mins giving time for people to leave
  • [cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]
    What happened to the old days when away fans were asked to remain in there seats for 5 mins giving time for people to leave

They are, but most of our fans leave 5 minutes before the end anyway, so the away fans just wait for the final whistle.
  • Look when we saw the fixtures we looked for the grounds where we aint been or where u can have a good jolly. When these northern monkeys saw the list they looked for the same and London for the weekend is a huge jolly. I mean its got electricity, running water , soap, flush toilets, and all the stuff they wish they had. Its why they come end of.
  • the club seem to forget that for the first season or 2 back home the away fans sat in the west stand. me and my dad sat in the jimmy seed for the portsmouth match, i know it was only 3 sided at the time so maybe that had somthing to do with it, we often are next to or above or below home fans so why in gods name do we have to be so difficult. altho to be honest when i have sat in there when they have split it 50/50 its a poxy stand to sit in, with the bogs and food not big enough. the sooner they get the planning permision and mix the south into the west and east we might be able to move the aways.
  • yeah true more like 10 minutes or if we are winning
  • http://www.charltonlife.com/blog/?p=169