Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Football has gone mad - FACT !

Liverpool reject a £9m bid for Peter Crouch.

Can't get in their team, surplus to requirements, yet valued at £15m.

Crazy.

Comments

• Options
    WSSWSS
    edited June 2008
    14 goals in 28 for England - up there with the best ever England strikers

22 goals in 85 games for Liverpool - a lot of substitute appearances in that as well, good record

12 goals in 27 for Saints - nearly 1 in two again, impressive.

Club comparison record with Benty who went for £16.5m:

Benty - 1 goal every 2.1 games (starting and playing most games)
    Crouchy - 1 goal every 3.8 games (many sub appearances and no run in team)

I can see why he is valued highly, european, international experience and scores his fair share of goals. If people looked past his height and gangliness i think he is a very good player. That being said £15m is too much.

150px-TheCrouch.gif
  • Options
    I can see this one getting nasty. It was reported a little while ago that Crouch is really pissed off that Liverpool have priced him out of a move but at the same time told him he won't be a first choice striker next season.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Liverpool reject a £9m bid for Peter Crouch.

Crazy.

I can't believe they've turned it down, especially as he's only got a year left on his contract and can go on a free next summer. No way will they get 15m for him, i think they'd probably accept 10m if Pompey bid again.
    But then you have to ask, who could Liverpool get to replace him, with his goalscoring record and experience for that sort of money
  • Options
    Liverpool are holding out for more money rather than refusing to sell.
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    why did they get rid of Riise (spelt wrong?)?
  • Options
    Cos of the own goal
  • Options
    ha ha yeah probably....
  • Options
    adsads
    edited June 2008
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]why did they get rid of Riise (spelt wrong?)?

they're introducing a no ginger policy
  • Options
    Crouch is not a Top Four Club Player, nor is he an International Class Centre forward, amazed Liverpool did not bite whoever offered the £9m hands off !
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Barn Door Lisbie[/cite]I can see this one getting nasty. It was reported a little while ago that Crouch is really pissed off that Liverpool have priced him out of a move but at the same time told him he won't be a first choice striker next season.

eventually one of these protracted transfers will cause the player to go to court and contracts as they stand will be replaced with free agents with players able to move at will subject to a standard notice period.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    thats what they said about a certain Mr Lisbie... now where's my pills
  • Options
    Crouch is a good player and has a good goalscoring record,but his goals for England were scored mainly against crap teams. For me ,he'll never be a top England striker.
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Liverpool reject a £9m bid for Peter Crouch.

Crazy.

Mad Mad world, Crouch for 9 million to pompey is good business,Liverpool need the money to fund other transfers.

Take into account Agent fees,signing on fees,wages and The vat on top it all adds up,PLUS He can leave for free so this will drag on.
  • Options
    Would Arsenal really sign Crouch? Wonder if Arsene would work wonders with him.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]Would Arsenal really sign Crouch? Wonder if Arsene would work wonders with him.

He would probably cut him up into smaller pieces and turn him into three decent utility players....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]why did they get rid of Riise (spelt wrong?)?

I think they're about to sign a new left back, Dossena, from an Italian club.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Liverpool reject a £9m bid for Peter Crouch.

Crazy.[/quote]

I agree. If Liverpool don't think he's good enough for their team, how can they value him at £15m? Ludicrous.

Yes, his scoring record is good, particularly for second-rate international side, England, but he is still a Premiership substitute most of the time.

Also I think it's ridiculous that England only have 1 striker who plays regularly and that's Rooney. Owen is usually on the treatment table and Crouch, Bent and Defoe have spent most of the season on the bench. The real problem with England is the big clubs and their huge squads. None of them give a monkey's about wasting England's talent or their own money.
  • Options
    Defoe played nearly every game for Pompey in the 2nd half of the season hence his recall to the national team.

I don't buy all this thing about top clubs not playing English players. If a player is good enough (Terry/Gerrard/Rooney/Cole etc) then they play. United and chelsea made the champions league final and i think 7 or 8 English players played in the final.

The major problem we have is that young British players are just too expensive which is why managers go abroad. For example Blackburn picked up proven strikers in McCarthy and Santa Cruz for about 3.5m each but are pricing Bentley at over 15m. Spurs paid 11m for Berbatov but 16m for Bent. Arsenal paid 12m for Walcott and 5m for Ramsey whose only played about 20 senior games in his career.