Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bad news/Good news.

Had a call in work, me boy (12) was mugged yesterday, near the Green, bottom of Hook Lane, couple of africans, nicked his phone, bag, money (only a couple of quid).

He had a Inset day (4 years traing in University and the teachers still get a day of every couple of months for training???) The planks that done it were in School uniform, one of the other dads went and pugged himself up outside the school and low and behold they turned up about an hour and half later. He grabbed em and called the police, both nicked in their school (Crown Woods) car park, they had 15 phones on them, policeman said they will only get a caution. One of em was 5 11', effing cowards. Had a good look at them in the cop car, warned them I know what they look like, and hope they are proud of themselves . Would love too have been able to use the cable ties and the boot of me car!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Scummers.

Comments

• Absolute scum mate , I hope you catch up with em
  • worrying as I live near there now, what time of day was it?
  • Midday, they were playing football in the cage, good community round there, couple of adults, one on a bike also chased them and hit one of them but he got away.

Cheeky b'stards played football with them for 1/2 hout before doing it. within 20 mins there was about 20 people out looking for them.
  • Agree totally with you, but here comes a 12 pager and the bleeding heart liberal hand wringers responses.
  • not from this liberal whinger. I have no problem with these guys being banged up, beaten up or any other phrase ending in up. Tough on crime is fine by me, but I am a bleeding heart liberal when it comes to trying to stop kids getting into this life in the first place. However if they get there then throw the book (or a right hand) at them.
  • This bloody lack of anonymity during court cases has really put a spanner in the works. that needs to get sorted asap.
  • edited June 2008
    that little area is ropey - the Green - its prime for some cctv, somewhere it would actually do some good, there's always 'likely lads' hanging around down there. Without wishing to get into a debate about this, there have always been bullies nicking pocket money/possessions etc off other kids though not sure what there race has to do with it.
  • Must be very very tempting to give these scumbags a slap - but you'd be the one in trouble.

Just hope you are clever about it!
  • Nah, its not a racial attack thats true as they dont care what creed they mug but, it does seem to be the same 'creed' predominantly at the heart of muggings.
  • Sponsored links:

• I say string them up by their balls as an example to their peers and then let their victims hit them with lumps of "soft" wood like some novelty pinada
  • edited June 2008
    I know you're angry Skins, and don't blame you at all mate.

I know what your lad is going through as i was mugged at the same age and had a knife held to my face. Its a frightening experience, i hope he is ok and i'm glad the scum were caught and get what's coming to them.

But just to remind everyone we don't hold debates on racial issues on here, an i ask everyone kindly to respect that and think before you post, otherwise whole debates will have to be deleted. Cheers chaps
  • Okeedokee pal.
  • piss taking OB only a caution

Follow them home get a view of their parents then knock on the door give the dad a dig infront of the son and explain thats what happens when you mug my son.
  • Not good hope he is ok mate
  • 3 years back at 6.30 AM in my road as i walked to bus stop this 18yo ish guy smashes me in face. I was carrying a lap top bag, he wanted to knock me down and nick the lap top. I was lucky as i caught most of his fore arm rather than the fist and although stunned i didnt hit the deck. There is no doubt that this was an attempted robbery but then as he bounced down the road and as he started to run he came out with the prolonged racial slagging (him being a black guy). So when does it become a robbery and when is it racial ? difficult isnt it ??
    As i stood there clearing my head i did 100% think of walking to my motor and running him down , and i do mean mean running him down. I didnt , but i guess he just went back to his possee and boasted about it all.
    I went to work and did a days work with a jaw ache.
    Next two days i was at top of the street looking for him with a little surprise that i had with me, glad i never saw him really because then he would have been the "victim".

I feel sorry for you guys that have kids and live in inner London. I think the stress of knowing whats out there and the fact that no one is willing to help would have killed me by now if we had had kids.
  • tell me this in the eighties were kids getting mugged like this now,answer no.you can wrap up as much as you want who does the muggings?
  • [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]tell me this in the eighties were kids getting mugged like this now,answer no.you can wrap up as much as you want who does the muggings?
    Or was it not as easy or accessible to report muggings in the eighties? Tough call in my opinion.

I personally know i was "mugged" in the 80's a couple of times as a 7/8 year old in the park when older lads would come over, start a row and nick my ice-pole money. And as a 12-15 year old i got threatened with violence more than a couple of times be it on the way home from school or out with mates.
  • [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]tell me this in the eighties were kids getting mugged like this now,answer no.you can wrap up as much as you want who does the muggings?
    Or was it not as easy or accessible to report muggings in the eighties? Tough call in my opinion.

I personally know i was "mugged" in the 80's a couple of times as a 7/8 year old in the park when older lads would come over, start a row and nick my ice-pole money. And as a 12-15 year old i got threatened with violence more than a couple of times be it on the way home from school or out with mates.
  • not playing a race card,but the diffrence is that some of the new arrivals are cranks.
  • Sponsored links:

• Hope your boy is OK and not too shaken up. Nasty thing to happen.

Just wish the Police or whoever would do more than caution someone caught red handed.
  • [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]not playing a race card,but the diffrence is that some of the new arrivals are cranks.

That can easily be taken as the race card.

As AFKA says- this isn't the place for racial debate- it's a great forum where people who are united by their support of CAFC get together and put the world to right, but the race debate is a step to far, so please keep away from it.......

CPL-hope your boy is ok.....
  • Sorry to hear your news Fella. Hope the lad is OK.

Whatever their colour they are scum!

But its not their fault and we should spend millions on forming some sort of Govt. backed group to take them out to Alton Towers instead of banging them up......Jeez! I cant wait for Labour to lose the next election. Only problem is, just as Blair had to do in he mid / late 90's, the Tories have had to move so close to New Labour I doubt theres too much they can / will do.
  • Sorry to hear about your son CPL and I hope there's no trauma relating from it. If the police are only going to caution the offenders then it simply is no deterrent - this isn't a liberal/right-wing problem just common sense.

If you have enough evidence why not pursue a private prosecution - at the least I'd write to the police and maybe your MP and demand that in such circumstances allowing crime to go unpunished is only inviting more trouble.
  • The thing that gets you going is these cretins are only 15/16 (built like adults) and are practising, knowing they will not get charged for anything, for later life when they can do it with a gun.

In my honest opinion, if they are not born in Britain and have claimed political assylum or refugee status they should be deported if found RED HANDED in doing a mugging, robbery, rape, regardles of their sex, race, creed, age, disablity, sexual orientation, etc, etc

Again, my opinion only.
  • [cite]Posted By: Charltonparklane[/cite]In my honest opinion, if they are not born in Britain and have claimed political assylum or refugee status they should be deported if found RED HANDED in doing a mugging, robbery, rape, regardles of their sex, race, creed, age, disablity, sexual orientation, etc, etc

Couldnt agree more. Im all for people coming to these shores looking to better themselves through hard work etc but if you abuse your new found position then off you go......
  • Better just add, he is ok, bit shaken but he has been 'primed' for being mugged (unfckin believable eh??), he knows to just give them anything without any questions.

Took him up the range last night to knock a few balls and he has gone back to school today.

Thanks for the wellwishing.
  • Alright Skin

Is Con OK now mate?
    A
  • edited June 2008
    Thing is the jails are full. So what do you do ? do you build new ones, would this stop them?

As for deporting well yes if they dont have UK pasports. However dont hold your hopes up. We cant deport murderers (re the Headmasters murderer), we cant deport terrorists and we cant deport the 2nd highest terrorist threat in the world to his own country. A Judge wouldnt recomend a paedo to be deported as "he was no threat" A peado FFS !!

As for cival action well that means you have to front them in court and that they have to pay you if you win and they have any money and we all know they aint got money .They will be lawyered up. Have you ever been in a court ? I have been both sides of the line and defended myself twice its difficult and imposing.Puting your own kids through it is a massive no no.

Answrs ? God knows . Other cities have done it though and we could if we really had the legal , moral and will to do it.

PS OB have just phoned me about the JimmY Mizen thing ! second time and second time they ring off with we may be in touch ?
  • [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]Thing is the jails are full. So what do you do ? do you build new ones, would this stop them?

As for deporting well yes if they dont have UK pasports. However dont hold your hopes up. We cant deport murderers (re the Headmasters murderer), we cant deport terrorists and we cant deport the 2nd highest terrorist threat in the world to his own country. A Judge wouldnt recomend a paedo to be deported as "he was no threat" A peado FFS !!

As for cival action well that means you have to front them in court and that they have to apy you if you win and they have any money and we all know they aint got money and they will be lawyered up. have you ever been in a court ? I have ben both sidesofthe line and defended myself twice its difficult and imposing puting your own kids through it is a massive no no.

Answrs ? God knows . Other cities have done it though and we could if we really had the legal , moral and will to do it.

PS OB have just phoned me about the JimmY Mizen thing ! second time and second time they ring off with we may be in touch ?

All they do in prison is mix with like minded scum, pump iron and come out nastier and more menacing than when they went in, it doesn't change people like this, never will.