Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

25 year old ref in Prem...

http://www.mailonsunday.co.uk/sport/football/article-1029196/Rookie-ref-Attwell-secures-shock-promotion-Premier-League.html?ITO=1490

Like to see this, think it's important to get younger refs involved in top flight football. Hopefully will understand the game, be fitter and be able to relate to the players well Seems to be well regarded having taken charge of the League Two Play Off Final last season.

As it says in the article as well - lengthens the career of a ref.

Comments

• one thing you can;t accuse the Refs of in the Prem League is not being fit enough - the fitness test they have to pass is vigourous and have to pass twice a season

BUT I agree good to see a yound ref -
  • I made no such accusation!

I remember when i was at school we had a ref in our midst and he got called up to be 4th official to a Prem game at Coventry mid-week and got paid £400, travel, food and hotel expenses paid for.

Not bad for a 17 year old to hold up a board a few times and telling people to sit down.
  • If he's good enough, he's old enough.
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]http://www.mailonsunday.co.uk/sport/football/article-1029196/Rookie-ref-Attwell-secures-shock-promotion-Premier-League.html?ITO=1490

Hopefully will understand the game, be fitter and be able to relate to the players well .

Sorry thought you were by saying he would be fitter.
  • saw him ref Barnsley v Hull towards the end of the season and thought then that he was very good. Good luck to him.
  • Talking of refs, let's hope we get Mr Singh back at theValley a couple of times next season, he is class.
  • [cite]Posted By: stonemuse[/cite]Talking of refs, let's hope we get Mr Singh back at theValley a couple of times next season, he is class.

Is he the Monty Panesar ref? If so i agree
  • [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: stonemuse[/cite]Talking of refs, let's hope we get Mr Singh back at theValley a couple of times next season, he is class.

Is he the Monty Panesar ref? If so i agree

Yup
  • Only because he gave us two penalties against Norwich!!

I'm joking, I thought Mr Singh was the best referee I've seen in years. Blackpool we had him for too didn't we?