Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bam Bam & Streetboy

edited June 2008 in Not Sports Related
Kiss is truly dreadful without these two. Morning radio full stop is pretty dire, me and the guy I drive to work with end up with a CD on every morning now.

Remember some of the funny shit they got up to?

I know they went on crapital for a bit and Bam/Peter Poulton did 94.9 a while ago but they should make a comeback on morning radio used to be howling with laughter some mornings into work

Comments

• Options
    Don't get me started on the state of Radio in this country. Run by suits who think we want 4 songs in a row comprising of George Michael, Elton John, Phil Collins and Tina Turner, writing scripts that are so bland.

Kenny Everett would never have got a gig if he was starting out now.

Not a fan of the music on Kiss, but they were great Breakfast DJ's. Got you to work with a smile.
  • Options
    Never heard them on Kiss but they were truly shocking on Capital in the evening...

There is a fine line between entertainment and being way too far up yourself which i am afraid Bam Bam is.....

And no i don't listen to Magic-what's needed is a good balance between talk and music without self obsession taking over.......
  • Options
    jamie theakston and harriet scott are the dj dreamteam.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ThreadKiller[/cite]jamie theakston

!
  • Options
    Chris Moyles show is so boring as well. im in the car between 7.30-8 and not one station is entertaining!
  • Options
    Bring back Caesar the Boogeyman!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]Bring back Caesar the Boogeyman!

I met him a few times through a bloke I used to do some work with. Caeser the geezer he was calling himself then, absolute total slovenly mess of a man.

Funny though although I wouldn't stand too close to him
  • Options
    before the ipod came along I used to listen to the radio on the train and Bam and Street had me in fits most of the time. Great music too. Kiss has gone downhill the last couple of years.
  • Options
    Kiss has been going down the pan for years no diffrence to crapital now i thought i was becoming an old git as i used to just moan about the shite we have to listen too. I am afraid the Ipod is king now how many actually still listen to the radio.

I turnt into a talksport man during the footie season especially when we were in the prem but now they have feck all to talk about and we dont get mentioned anymore.

ho fecking hum

by the way bam bam & street boy were fecking great and Johnny Vaughn is so 90's it mkaes me sick it was funny back then but not now
  • Options
    I listen to Terry Wogan in the morning on Radio 2 - sometimes Moyles but depends on my mood.

Coming home I listen to Chris Evans on Radio 2. I know I may sound like an old fart but it's actually pretty good
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    You are lucky,the radio at work is tuned to Heart or Tragic sorry Magic so all you get is James Blunt etc....Jesus i hate that bloke
  • Options
    Bring back Steve Jackson who was kicked out of Kiss and replaced by 'bam bam' sic. Street Boy and Steve Jackson were the original duo.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ThreadKiller[/cite]jamie theakston and harriet scott are the dj dreamteam.
    I'm with you there, Harriets got a filthy radio voice.
  • Options
    Kiss has gone crap ever since they started playing R&B & Garage & no House in the morning. It used to be a House Music station when it was created why change. Miss Bam Bam & Streetboy though, have stopped listening to it full stop now. I also remember KISS having Charlie Wilde the American DJ who kept doing what was supposed to be a daily countdown to his Deportation which everyone thought was a joke until he was actually deported on day Zero.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]

I met him a few times through a bloke I used to do some work with. Caeser the geezer he was calling himself then, absolute total slovenly mess of a man.

haha, when I was younger, I used to force myself to stay awake to listen to Caesar the geezer on talk radio. so funny!

i can't help but listen to xfm in the morning. it took a while when alex zane took over, as i liked shaun keaveney, but now I know the format, it cracks me up, you have to give it a few listens to know who the team are and their jokes, but it is hilarious.
    on the way home, if i leave before 7 i listen to dave berry but turn off as I hate steve harris - but often listen to radio 2 on the way home or whatever channel doesn't play scouting for girls, hoosiers, or red hot chilli peppers.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: pete_tong1[/cite]Bring back Steve Jackson who was kicked out of Kiss and replaced by 'bam bam' sic. Street Boy and Steve Jackson were the original duo.

eye to that, steve jacksom and street boy were the originol, me and my bro used to share a room, and this was our alarm in the mornings before school used to programme the stereo to come on at 7 used to listen avvidly to street boys antics!!
  • Options
    Ken Bruce on Radio 2 (in our job we get up a bit later).
  • Options
    BDLBDL
    edited June 2008

Having had the "privilige" of working with Chris Rogers (his real name) on Millennium and Swale Sound, I totally agree with Medders.

Oh and never leave anything in a radio studio that you really cherish, like CD players, Cart machines allegedly ;-)

Rumour was that one of his stints at Her Maj's pleasure (he's had a few) related to a break in at a Dixon's store he lived above, They discovered a hole in the ceiling that lead to his flat.

Last I heard he was living in a caravan behind the Inn on the Lake.
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]

haha, when I was younger, I used to force myself to stay awake to listen to Caesar the geezer on talk radio. so funny!

i can't help but listen to xfm in the morning. it took a while when alex zane took over, as i liked shaun keaveney, but now I know the format, it cracks me up, you have to give it a few listens to know who the team are and their jokes, but it is hilarious.
    on the way home, if i leave before 7 i listen to dave berry but turn off as I hate steve harris - but often listen to radio 2 on the way home or whatever channel doesn't play scouting for girls, hoosiers, or red hot chilli peppers.

Im with you there. all the mentioned bands are like sand paper to my brain! who buys that crap?! dicko?

i Tend to listen to alex zane until 9 then shamefully flick it on to heart for the time tunnel. we have competitions at work of who can guess the year first.

Im loving the thingy they do on xfm where they play two songs from one artist in a row in x list.
  • Options
    Steve Jackson, remeber someone calling him a wanker on air once so he just turned the music off and had a row with the bloke more obscenities than a sailors parrot at 7.20am! Brilliant
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    XFM
    purely for music reasons
  • Options
    centreforce 88.3 best station ever.Those were the days,echo's, faces etc
  • Options
    Radio Four or Five now that BBC London's breakfast show is so bad. Alternatively there is the iPod.

Radio 4 is good for catching up one what is going on in the real world apart from "thought for day". Why is this slot still on in 2008?
  • Options
    henners you have just added a button to your cardie we all know that you listen to Subjam 107.4fm
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    [quote][cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]henners you have just added a button to your cardie we all know that you listen to Subjam 107.4fm[/quote]

Nah, South FM 107.3 FM Innit. Live Lions like.

http://www.south.fm/
  • Options
    Big up the MC Henners
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]henners you have just added a button to your cardie we all know that you listen to Subjam 107.4fm

http://www.south.fm/

I'll have to have a word with Dan.
  • Options
    iPod, not a single radio station plays decent music.
  • Options
    One of the people at the do I was DJ'ing last night told me these two are on radio one......

Anyone confirm this?
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]henners you have just added a button to your cardie we all know that you listen to Subjam 107.4fm[/quote]

[url]http://www.south.fm/[/url][/quote]

Big up myself ;o)