Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Middlesex v Kent, Uxbridge, 17:30

Anyone going?

My first Twenty20 of the season. Great news we are top.

I'm new by the way, formally Bexley_da5 so some of you might know me.

Comments

• Have you got a brother called Alex?
  • That is me.
  • Not going to the cricket but will be looking out for the result, 2 more wins will ensure we are through to the 1/4's again.
  • JUNGLE JUICE!
  • Blue Tooth!
  • BlueTooth!
  • I'm looking to go tomorrow night
  • Lost about bloody time Geraint Jones and Justin Kemp contributed to the season.Essex are smashing runs everywhere we could be 3rd by 10.30 pm.ampshire and Essex play each other twice so we need to win at least once twice will see us home,but we have to play away at Sussex and we dont usually do well there.Napier has scored 152 not out from 58 balls.
  • Welcome Stew, good to have you onboard !

Still never been to any form of cricket match. Amazing considering i really like the game !
  • edited June 2008
    Kent could have won last night the bowling was not up to scratch and with Denley going early and Robert Key throwing his wicket away going for glory when on 49 left them with an uphill struggle...oh well never mind..i still might go to Hove on Friday :).Not a bad night out, maximum wait at the bar about 20 seconds and food was nice too :)
  • Sponsored links:

• Are those Tredwells worst ever 20/20 figures most unusual for him to go for 40+.
    Missed the first half hour as the Piccadilly line was up the shoot, had to double back to Baker Street and use the Metropolitan line instead.
    Looking forward to Canterbury this evening to get back to winning ways.
  • What is your opinion of Kemp this year he really doesn't appear to have contributed much same with Jones.Last year we won it without him with Walker in the team?
  • Kent have two games left, but do have a good net run rate and that should be enough to get them in the quarter finals if they lose the last two games.
  • not if essex and hampshire win a game a piece off each other.
  • Kent have to play Surrey don't they?
  • [cite]Posted By: BDL[/cite]Kent have to play Surrey don't they?

Have to play bith Surrey and Sussex and both are already out of it.
  • Playing Surrey tonight at Canterbury.
    5.30 start.
  • [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]Playing Surrey tonight at Canterbury.
    5.30 start.

so come on give me your opinion on kemp and jones this season?
  • Jones has been good with the bad in 20/20's but Kemp has been a bit of a let down as has Stevens with the bat.
  • that geezer at essex 16 f******* 6's that is amazing
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2008
    [quote][cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]Playing Surrey tonight at Canterbury.
    5.30 start.[/quote]

so come on give me your opinion on kemp and jones this season?[/quote]

Well it's true to say Kemp hasn't been the force with the bat he was last season.
    Jones keeping continues to be very sound but he hasn't really come in early enough(or with enough overs left in other words), to make that much of a contribution with the bat.
    I know in 20/20 you don't get much time to settle but most of the work has already been done by the time he get's to the wicket and he's left just to have a good old thrash which sometimes pays off and sometimes doesn't.
    Would continue to play them both though as we have a happy settled side if nothing else.