Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Les Berry

edited June 2008 in General Charlton
played close on 400 games yet as far as I am aware has never been back to The Valley.

Most if not all of the other surviving 350 games plus former players turn up from time to time or get remembered in some way so why not Les?

I realise that he wasn't the most talented ever to wear the shirt and relied over much on the back pass or hoof over the stand but he was committed to the cause and a "proper" Charlton player.

Anyone know why he never appears to be remembered by the Club like the others?

Comments

• Thought he lived down Plymouth way now Len so maybe he dont get up here.

has Leeeeeeeeeeeeeeburnnnnnnnnnnn ever been back
  • edited June 2008
    Runs a family electrical wholesalers business/warehouse in Greenwich.
    My pal works for him.
  • I used to work with his daughter quite a few years ago.

Am pretty sure that once he left the game he never wanted anything more to do with it and it really was just a job for him. Maybe he has been asked but just isn't interested?

I could be wrong though, as it was a while back!!!
  • that would be a shame would be good to see him down there anlong with the regular old faces
  • [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]Runs a family electrical wholesalers business/warehouse in Greenwich.
    My pal works for him.

There's the answer...He works on Saturday's
  • solid defender.
  • always felt safe with him behind dick.
  • "always felt safe with him behind dick."

Same goes for Ambrose
  • Liked a cigarette or two so I believe. He never gave anything less than solid performances without looking totally dominant. I always wondered what we would have achieved without him there week in week out. Hard to say but there was something about his play that I felt was slightly lacking.
  • My nickname for him was Les Beckenberry. He always reminded me of Lee Van Cleef though...
  • Sponsored links:

• Les Berry's Mum & Dad always used to watch him home & away, nice people.
    They certainly had always been Charlton fans, so Les must have been brought up 'the right way'.
  • There we have it. They were probably a couple of those pushy parent types hell bent on making their son a footballer. Poor bloke, probably only ever dreamed of being a sparkie and they pressured him into gracing the Valley turf. Oh the inhumanity ;-)