Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Darren Bent to Celtic ?

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/2008/06/17/exclusive-celtic-set-for-double-transfer-swoop-on-darren-bent-and-roman-pavlyuchenko-86908-20610308/

Comments

• Options
    If Spurs don't want to keep him then they will surely be looking to sell, so Sunderland would seem most likely, they'd probably be willing to pay around £12M that Spurs would demand.
  • Options
    What was wrong with Scum LOL
  • Options
    I'd think it would be a good move for him. Big club, out of the glare of the Premiership and lots of second rate defenders to punish all season long.
  • Options
    'regular' european football with Celtic - no brainer - assuming they are in Europe. Might relaunch his international career
  • Options
    He'll score about 60 a season up there
  • Options
    Don't we get all the unpaid installments at once if Spurs sell him?
  • Options
    Celtic could not afford his wages..
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]Don't we get all the unpaid installments at once if Spurs sell him?[/quote]

Yes we would

Like Fishnets said they could not afford his £64k a week wage
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite] so Sunderland would seem most likely, they'd probably be willing to pay around £12M that Spurs would demand.

that's what's iread somewhere.
    can almost hear the commentators now.......
    "........to andy reid. reid, a glorious 60 yard defence splitting ball into the path of a brilliant run from darren bent who cooly slots the ball home to complete his hatrick."
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Villa interest also rumoured
    http://www.eatsleepsport.com/sunderland/black-cats-and-villa-race-england-striker-746994.html

And no we don't get more money for Dazza, we sold the debt on, so any further Spurs payments go to a finance company. And Ipswich probably.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oh please dont Darren, tainted for life if you do, they'll end up claiming you have an oirish granny and your England cap(s) should be void.
  • Options
    IMHO, I think Bent will have a huge part to play at Spurs this coming season, whether Berbatov ends up going or not. The way Ramos is setting the squad up, it looks very much like we'll be playing with one up top (no doubt will be Berbatov as first choice with Bent interchanging with him through the season) with two behind from Keane/Dos Santos/Lennon/Malbranque with three central midfielders sitting behind from Modric, Jenas, Huddlestone, Zokora and O'Hara.

Looks very much like the system Ramos adopted at Seville with two pacey full backs in Bale and Hutton.

I would be very surprised if Spurs would let him go even after his disappointing last season.
  • Options
    He is a quality striker, just needs to be used in the right system.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]He is a quality striker, just needs to be used in the right system.

agreed DA9
  • Options
    He will never play for the un-washed end of story, I had a word with him :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]He will never play for the un-washed end of story, I had a word with him :-)

Good work sir...lol
  • Options
    http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=742659

mainly speculation, but does claimn that Spurs are turning down offers - which supports Johnboy's view.