Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

BBC Panel - Euro 2008

Anyone else fed up with this lot?
My word, they are so boring. In fact Alan Hansen is the liveliest, and that is saying something.
I almost miss Ian Wright....! Well no of course I don't really.
Shearer - Soooooooo boring.

Lineker - Looks like he's going to burst into tears at any moment.

As for O'Neil, well what is wrong with the bloke? Contrary to the point of rudeness. Interupts all the time and then goes mad if people join in his chat.
Has nothing to say except make excuses for the French.

Time for some fresh blood.Or go back to Jimmy Hill and El Tel, that was entertaining,

Comments

• Options
    Anyone else fed up with this lot?
    My word, they are so boring. In fact Alan Hansen is the liveliest, and rhat is saying something.

Simple, turn the TV on five minutes before KO. At half-time flick over, watch the news, make a cup of tea or whatever. At final whistle do the same. You've seen the match, why do you need to hear the panel and their "expert" views? They are only there to trap your attention and stop you from switching over.
  • Options
    I disagree. I actually quite like listening to them. ITV are the ones I can't stand.
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    I wouldn't know, I never listen to the pundits. Pundits on? Time to go and fire up the old kettle. There was I time when I genuinely believed that they knew more about the game than me or anyone else and should be listened to. Years of hearing the same old shyte has taught me that if they have any more insight than I have, they take pride in keeping it to themselves. Perhaps they're all really clued up and just playing a game with us - a bit like a footballing magic circle, "you're not in our elite club, so we're not going to let you know our secrets". In reality though I don't believe that being good at playing the game has made them any better qualified to talk about it than anyone else. When did you last genuinely learn something about football from something a pundit said on tv and what was it?
  • Options
    SKY PLUS it, delay watching for half hour then fast forward..
  • Options
    It pains me to say, and I don't like his style but the only Ex-Pro who seems to add anything is Andy Gray. He is an expert. I guess neither BBC or ITV can afford him.
  • Options
    Johnathan Pearse " i thought he would be THE player to watch , but he has done nothing" Mark(the Twat) Lawrensen "shows you want you know then dosnt it"
    what a total total arsewipe that guy is. If only there had been a few moments of silence and then the sound of a clump as Jp stuck one on him !
  • Options
    Goonerhater, make you right, lawro is a plank, end of, hate listening to him, i hope one day they will give an option to just have crowd noise and no commentary at all, i hate all forms of commentary, its always shit. Dont want to turn the sounsd off totally, but sometimes that plonker motson just says the most unbelievable things, cretins all of them on all channels.

Glad i now have that off of my chest!
  • Options
    Obviously Motty has just seen Star Wars - twice he said last night that "the force is with Italy"... time for bed I think Motty.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]Goonerhater, make you right, lawro is a plank, end of, hate listening to him, i hope one day they will give an option to just have crowd noise and no commentary at all, i hate all forms of commentary, its always shit. Dont want to turn the sounsd off totally, but sometimes that plonker motson just says the most unbelievable things, cretins all of them on all channels.

Glad i now have that off of my chest!

Watch the BBC matches on 301 on a DigiBox mate. A bloke at work told me he always does this, its the game with no commentary and just crowd noise like you ask.
  • Options
    i thought the itv panel was good tonight with very much of a charlton influence in it, steve rider (fan) andy townsend (son of don) and of course the much underated and under appreciated legend SIR ALAN CURBISHLEY
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2008
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]i thought the itv panel was good tonight with very much of a charlton influence in it, steve rider (fan) andy townsend (son of don) and of course the much underated and under appreciated legend SIR ALAN CURBISHLEY

I see his grammar hasn't improved. Anyway Curbs is West Ham, always has been, he keeps telling everybody.
    I'd rather listen to Andy Townsend.
  • Options
    Plenty of 'peraps' being said by Curbs. He did look well though.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]i thought the itv panel was good tonight with very much of a charlton influence in it, steve rider (fan) andy townsend (son of don) and of course the much underated and under appreciated legend SIR ALAN CURBISHLEY

I see his grammar hasn't improved. Anyway Curbs is West Ham, always has been, he keeps telling everybody.
    I'd rather listen to Andy Townsend.

I like Townsend, at least he's got a bit of life in him.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Plenty of 'peraps' being said by Curbs. He did look well though.[/quote]

Get it right, it's praps ! :-)
  • Options
    It's good practice for Curbs, he's going to have some time on his hands if West Ham do not set the world alight in the first couple of months.
    I don't wish him any misfortune; he is a decent fella as far as I know. However I know quite a few Hammers and there is a crescendo of support building for a certain manager at Euro 08 to make an emotional return to Upton Park as their saviour.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite] However I know quite a few Hammers and there is a crescendo of support building for a certain manager at Euro 08 to make an emotional return to Upton Park as their saviour.

Isn't that a suprise...

Some people are never happy.....