Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Shoot magazine ends after 40 years

Publisher pulling plug after in unsuccessfully switched from a monthly to a weekly.

Used to love these as a nipper

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2008/jun/17/ipc.pressandpublishing

Comments

• Options
    oh no way - that is sad so sad.

shoot mags always the best.

got hundreds of the buggers from the 70's and 80's at my mum's
  • Options
    I used to love reading Shoot as a kid. Also Match magazine. Always remember getting excited as a kid when they mentioned Charlton (which was very rarely) in the 1980's!!
  • Options
    Always preferred Match myself.
    Just seemed more professional.
  • Options
    That is a shame, I used to read MATCH more than SHOOT but its sad all the same.
  • Options
    Plaaayer has collected Match magazine since he was 8. He loves reading about Michael Owen, says he is "Ace!".
  • Options
    Dam

Always looked forward to getting my Shoot from the post boy
  • Options
    This is terrible news. I am sure I read the first 100-200 issues. Have I kept them in perfect condition so that I can sell them to a collector? Er, no.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Amos on the wing[/cite]I used to love reading Shoot as a kid. Also Match magazine. Always remember getting excited as a kid when they mentioned Charlton (which was very rarely) in the 1980's!![/quote]

Sad, but true!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chunes[/cite]Plaaayer has collected Match magazine since he was 8. He loves reading about Michael Owen, says he is "Ace!".

If it wasn't for me you'd still be platting your sisters hair!
  • Options
    What ever happened to Charles Buchan's Football Monthly? Now THAT was a proper football magazine!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    http://www.charlesbuchansfootballmonthly.com/
  • Options
    Match was a far better read!
  • Options
    shame. used to always read it as a kid.

********goes up the loft and dusts off 1979 seasons league ladders.*************
  • Options
    Scorcher and Score, Billy's Boots, I've grazed my knee
    jumpers for goalposts, next goal's the winner then in for tea.
  • Options
    i've probaby still got the first dozen or so issues tucked away in a box along with the first 100 or so issues of Goal and bundles of old programmes...sad but true...
  • Options
    I do remember Killer and Paddy being in it.
  • Options
    Sad News ...... used to love those mags...
  • Options
    Can remember as a little 7 or 8 year old wandering down every month to the Phoenix Pharmacy in town, in the door and up the stairs to the office where I'd ask whether my Shoot subscription had come in. They used to bring it in to Bermuda just for me. They'd check the cubby hole for it. It used to come rolled up like a poster and covered in brown paper. Funny, because that's what I remember about it. Can't remember a single thing else, like content or any specific centre pullouts etc!
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Used to love getting the football ladder at the start of the season. Was always frustrated though that it tended to focus on "the big clubs", even before the Premiership.

Face it, it had to go. It was a thing of it's time, a bit like Smash Hits which disappeared a year or so ago. Still NME is the new Smash Hits - what rubbish that has turned into.
  • Options
    Goal as i remember it was sorta the first "modern" footie mag-- loved it. Then Shoot came along and yes i did the ladder thing as well.

and still have VoTV issue one in loft.