Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Dutch look good don't they?

For shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhure!

Comments

• Options
    don't know how they are doing it to be honest

before the tournament, big public fall outs with Seedorf and Van Bommell leaving the squad, RVN needing a cuddle, RVP spent all season out of action... Sneijder and Robben have been immense - quality flowing football
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Go on Pards, go get Sneijder.
  • Options
    they are a good counter attacking team, but they have had a bit of luck along the way and they have certainly made the most of it.

Croatia look the best so far
  • Options
    Like to see what they are like if they go a goal down, but granted they have been exceptional in their last two games
  • Options
    wide open this tournament, spain looked the best to me, but who knows with them, dutch look good but dont think they can win it, france and italy are crap, hate them both negative rubbish. Germans blew it, dodgy centre halves, as i said this tournament is wide open!
  • Options
    They still have the arrogance to tear themselves as well as opponents apart. Agree WIWLB - could be a whole different game then!
  • Options
    They've been absolutely brilliant, hope they go all the way and win it.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: GloucAddick[/cite]They've been absolutely brilliant, hope they go all the way and win it.

Agree but teams like that never do. Well not for a while.
    For all intents and purposes this is a cup competition, despite the group stages, and you don't win cups playing so freely. You can win leagues though playing like that as Man Utd do.
    I hope I'm wrong because it might make the likes of Italy and France change their ways.
  • Options
    Cracking game tonight.

The French played well but the Dutch were brilliant.
  • Options
    How is it that the Dutch consistantly produce wave after wave of gifted technical players? What lessons can we learn from them? (The French aren't too shabby either).
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I love the Dutch. Class them as British Europeans.

Fantastic football from what i saw in the distance in the pub tonight. As long as they don't hit any shpeedbumpsh, they'll be fine
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]I love the Dutch. Class them as British Europeans.

Yeah, if only we could speak English as well as them.
  • Options
    Really enjoyed the game tonight.For me the Dutch are as good as anyone, and could well go on to win it. Nice to see a team that can pass the ball without keep giving it away.
  • Options
    Pure class, no Seedorf or Davids are two reasons they are better - both sulky, self centred trouble makers.

Loved them since world cup '74, and they are one of the few nations that like us! All my Dutch mates here are really proud of the amount of support they are getting from the UK - one Dutch newspaper's survey came up with a figure of 75% of Brits wanting them to win it!

One of the reasons they keep coming up with good players is investment in sport. If a developer wants to build a new estate in Holland, he is oblidged by law to include a sports centre in the plans. In Britain we invest in helping rich people avoid tax...
  • Options
    Come on Holland
  • Options
    Come on the Dutch!!! I have a fiver on them at 12/1. They have been so impressive in the first two games. Love the way they play.
  • Options
    I pulled them out in the work sweep (which has doomed them as far as I'm concerned) & they have played far far beyond my expectations.

Dutch fans are very similar to us, we have great fun with them when we go abroad.

& remember.................Van is a Charlton fan (of the Ruud variety)

xx
  • Options
    I've put money on Holland before the tournament but then noticed that a combined bet with Van Der Vaat as leading goal scorer was 500-1. My greed as gotten the better of me again. :-(
  • Options
    Love the dutch - lived in Amsterdam for a while recently and they speak english ridiculous well. In fact once on my way home from work an english guy asked me for directions so i gave them - he then commented how well "us" dutch spoke english, so I told him I was english - it was funny at the time at least but it defintely proved their ability with the english language.

Huip Holland!
  • Options
    My money is still on Spain - Russia as dark horses - those boys can play when they put their minds to it.