Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Howard Webb

What a great and brave decision he made last night, about time someone got punished for shirt pulling in the box

Comments

• Options
    Cant belive he didnt give that bloke a yellow for that dive!! it was crazy!!!looked assured i like him as a ref to be honest. good luck to him would be nice to have an englishman in the final.
  • Options
    Not my favourite person at the moment.

There i am looking at some cash for finishing top in this weeks predictions league and what does he do...
    turns my 0-1 into a 1-1 and i lose by a point

HOWARD WEBB you *&^%$£!!!!!!
  • Options
    He did his job, 1965......(!)
    I'd blame the geezer who did the shirt pulling. He's the one who cost you.

Therefore: SHIRT-PULLER you *&^%$£!!!!!!

;o)
  • Options
    Fair play it was a penalty..but it can only happen to me :(
  • Options
    Shearer made me die. "If you're going to give a penalty for that, you'll have five or six penalties in every game".

Not for long you wouldn't Alan. They'd soon learn.
  • Options
    Right, Stone.

If it would be a foul anywhere else on the pitch, then it's a foul in the box too.
  • Options
    Yeah well done Howard Webb, excellent decision and to be fair he did warn the bloke 30 seconds earlier !
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stone[/cite]Shearer made me die. "If you're going to give a penalty for that, you'll have five or six penalties in every game".

Not for long you wouldn't Alan. They'd soon learn.

So right. I am sick of the bloody panels of experts going on and on. Most of them don't even know the off-side law.

And Shearer of all pepole. He knows that if refs were tougher in his time he'd have been nothing.

Stop shirt pulling and pushing now. Refs give it outside the box no problem, they must be tough like Webb and give them in the box too. As said above it would soon stop.

And please no one (BFR) come up with the argument that Capital Punishment doesn't prevent murder!!!
  • Options
    Fair play he showed big, big cojones to do it

If only a few english refs pick up on it we'd cut a lot of sillyness out of the game
  • Options
    Been awarded the World Cup final
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well done to Webb. Wish him all the best but you just know he will have to make a really difficult call and probably cause controversy.
  • Options
    Good stuff despite what I said a bit further up in this thread..well done sir.
  • Options
    He has not got it yet, decision is tonight.
  • Options
    Good luck to him if true.

And I'll say it....Only way we'll see an Englishman on the pitch during the World Cup final : - (
  • Options
    Bet Van Bommel's odds for getting sent off have just plummetted.
  • Options
    Best of luck tomorrow Howard.

The greatest honour any referee can have and he and his team are 'ours'.
  • Options
    I look forward to ITV's commentary. It'll be like a 13 year old boy spunking over an illicit nudie shot of Cheryl Cole. Except it'll be a grown man banging on about how every haphazard mess of a decision made by the REF OR LINOS, IS FANTASTIC and AMAZING. With a football match going on in the background, and a bald man attempts to draw attention to himself by waving coloured cards around. Not that I'll be watching ITV, to be fair. BBC with the commentary off is the way forward. The sound of a bunch of people tooting plastic trumpets is infinitely preferable to any experts this country might has to offer
  • Options
    Howard Webb must be doing something right. He's the first referee to officiate a European Cup final and World Cup final in the same season. He seems to have the respsect from the players. This match could put him with the great referees such as Pierluigi Collina.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Mr Webb has not had a very good first half. He should have given two red cards.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Absolute muppet. How he didn't send of Van Bommel and De Jong is a disgrace.
  • Options
    I think the occasion has got to him.
  • Options
    With all of the stuff that's been going on tonight I think anyone would struggle to keep a lid on it. In that respect he's done reasonably well - but the players have been a disgrace.
  • Options
    think he is holding his own personally,seems to booking when needed,and that was a good call with robben penalty claim.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Think he has done ok, the Van Bommel yellow was a yellow only imho whilst I can see why he only booked De Jong, terrible challenge but looked 100 times worse in slow motion and Webb only saw it once. Think a lot of refs who had Webbs angle would have only booked De Jong.

Perhaps been a bit quick with the yellow cards but there has been some bad fouls and at least he has been fairly consistent. I think the fact Webb refs in the Prem has saved Holland from 10/9 men as a European ref may well have sent a couple off.
  • Options
    Think he's done alright myself, the bookings all warranted at least bookings. Hollan probably lucky to still have 11 men, but in a major final you'd always prefer a ref to be a bit too lenient rather than send someone off wrongly.
  • Options
    FIFA directive - do not send anyone off unless it's manslaughter
  • Options
    of course hansen puts the boot in the mug.
  • Options
    I think he did the right thing by not sending off those players. It would've spoilt the game.
  • Options
    another good call by him there.