Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Dougie Freedman's Testimonial

There was a lot of talk that it was going to be against Glasgow Rangers. His testimonial is, in fact, going to be against...

Fulham. Bumper crowd there, then. The boy deserves it.

Comments

• Options
    LOL!
  • Options
    ouch
  • Options
    Wait till poor Paddy Powell gets Erith & Belvedere......
  • Options
    Due to cost saving he will only get Erith
  • Options
    don't AFKA :-(
  • Options
    ha ha shame
  • Options
    Charlton were considered, but it was felt Fulham are a bigger draw.
  • Options
    wouldn't laugh too soon
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: budgie[/cite]Charlton were considered, but it was felt Fulham are a bigger draw.

hahahaha... looking forward to two more shoeings next season?

honestly aren't you ashamed of testimonial appreciation of what is obviously a very highly regarded player of yours?

chuffing fulham, you could've been playing them next season if it wasn't for their miraculous escape! behave!
  • Options
    Ebbsfleet would have been a bigger draw, ridiculous, the policing and stewarding bill will be higher than the income for this match.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The testimonial is organised by a testimonial comittee, nothing to do with the club. The thing is though that it is a testimonial for a Palace player, that means a lot to Palace fans, and they will support it, whether its Fulham, Rangers, or Welling.
  • Options
    Your right oh feathered one, but the point is how many Fulham fans will attend, I know for a fact Rangers would have bought anything upto 10,000 to the game easily, so would scumtic if they were asked, they would have been more attractive for neutrals and guarenteed a bigger gate and payout to Freedman
  • Options
    piss poor testimonial committee he has then really.
  • Options
    The real reason is the Gers wanted to play in their new orange strip and Tangoman thought their colours might clash with him.
  • Options
    I agree Rangers would have been a big pull, but after there last showing in Manchester, the police may have been a factor, but I do agree Fulham aren't exactly exciting.
  • Options
    Even a Welling player would be pissed off at getting Fulham
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: budgie[/cite]I agree Rangers would have been a big pull, but after there last showing in Manchester, the police may have been a factor, but I do agree Fulham aren't exactly exciting.

you should see what the Fulham fans are saying about your lot....
  • Options
    I think this is a good example of just how hard it is to arrange friendlies / testimonials against 'big sides'. Apparently one big London club wanted a huge fee to appear.

Fulham are a respected Prem outfit, yet people still 'laugh' at that as decent opposition.