Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

My season ticket application was unsuccessful!!

edited June 2008 in General Charlton
My dad sits in West Lower block C and is a member of the Addicks business Club. He pays £3500 for 2 tickets every season plus £700 to park his car in the ground for the home games.

The seat next to him is always free so I asked if I could buy it just as a standard seat - no lounges or anything like that.

They tell him that seat is not available to me as it has to be asccompanied with Millennium lounge access too and I am not willing to part with any more cash to follow Charlton (130 mile rounds trips and a season ticket are draining my resources as it is).

Am I being unreasonable in thinking this is ludicrous from Charlton's perspective - he I am guaranteeing a bum on seat for them and they are more intent on shifting me to sit on my own every week with some of the weirdos we get at Charlton!!

Grrrr

Comments

• Options
    I think they could just take the money and use another seat
  • Options
    weirdo's at Charlton.....shurely shome mishtake
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Judging only on the above, i think they have dropped a ricket here and hopefully if anyone is reading from the commercial centre, it may get followed up.

A compromise is in order here i feel.

If the seat is still available come August, they should allow you to have it as a normal ST holder as a gesture of goodwill to your old man. On the proviso though that if next season the seat is sold as part of a package, you retain no rights to it and will have to move elsewhere.

Would that sound fair Swisdom ?
  • Options
    I guess it would be good - it's just nice to be able to watch the game with my dad but if they want it sold as a part of a package then I don't mind shifting next season (as long as I still get my free one when we are promoted as champions!!)

Typical bloody Charlton though isn't it!
  • Options
    The seat next to me in north upper is always free. When i asked last season if I could buy a ticket for that seat for 1 game I was told K block was all ST. When I asked people around me if anyone ever sat there the reply was that no one had ever seen anyone sit there in more years than I've been going.
  • Options
    I think a training courses in marketing,sales and customer service should be high up on the new CEO's agenda, it is frightening what theat club would/could achieve with the right people around them
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: millaphile[/cite]The seat next to me in north upper is always free. When i asked last season if I could buy a ticket for that seat for 1 game I was told K block was all ST. When I asked people around me if anyone ever sat there the reply was that no one had ever seen anyone sit there in more years than I've been going.[/quote]

To be fair they can't sell you a ticket for a seat that they have already sold. If you turned up and they had sold your seat to someone else you wouldn't be best pleased. You should have just bought one for the upper north and got your friend to sit next to you.He would have course have to move if the S/T holder turned up :-)
  • Options
    Youre far too sensible AFKA
    :-)