Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

national pride at the EUROS

first we have Podolski who is a pole playing for germany scoring against poland and not celebrating then last night Hakan Yakin a swiss of turkish extraction scores and also doesn't celebrate.

bloody disgraceful

Comments

• Options
    Make you right, John Barnes was the culprit for England, supporting Jamaica in the world cup etc, mercenary.

The Irish side has to be the worst for it though over the years, some players who have never even stepped foot in the emerald isle suddenly become Irish overnight, ridiculous.
  • Options
    You can play for Ireland if you own an Irish Setter!
  • Options
    I once went to Dublin on a sales conference, does that mean I qualify?
  • Options
    SoundAsa£ its tightened up now though re Ireland. You have to be a Magnas drinker to get in the team.

Nice to see the car loads of Turks driving round Bermondsey last night horns blasting out and flags waving.
  • Options
    Zola Budd
    Lennox Lewis
    Brings atear to my eye remembering some of the Uks greats !
  • Options
    fair enough with zola as she was saffa through and through but Lennox was born here and was moved to canada by his mum when he was eight so no fault of his own really.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]SoundAsa£ its tightened up now though re Ireland. You have to be a Magnas drinker to get in the team.

Nice to see the car loads of Turks driving round Bermondsey last night horns blasting out and flags waving.

I was in Brussels for Euro 2000, went to the Romania game, night before outside our hotel Turkey had just beaten Belgium, they came parading around the streets, thousands of them, big Turk community out there, had a little run in with Turk ultras with scarves over faces etc. Mouthy pups who bounce a lot, throw a firework then run.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: buckshee[/cite]fair enough with zola as she was saffa through and through but Lennox was born here and was moved to canada by his mum when he was eight so no fault of his own really.

Is that Canadian Olympic gold medal winner Lennox Lewis? He had a choice, chose England to camp up in as it suited him, big fish in a little pond, mercenary of the highest order, hate him.
  • Options
    mate for some reason your whisper coment has disapeared can you repeat.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]
    The Irish side has to be the worst for it though over the years, some players who have never even stepped foot in the emerald isle suddenly become Irish overnight, ridiculous.

Perfect example of this being the dublin born and bred, Ireland through and through striker Clinton Morrison.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]

Perfect example of this being the dublin born and bred, Ireland through and through striker Clinton Morrison.

Allegedly his grandmother was/is Irish, still very strange to me.
  • Options
    The classic was when Terry Mancini was called up to the REP team they were playing away and the national Athems were on. He turns to Don Givens and says "jesus this goes on abit when does ours start?" Givens gives him what my mum would call an old fasioned look and says" u pratt it is ours" !!!
  • Options
    Funniest thing I ever saw was when Tory MP John Redwood became Welsh minister and he had to stand up and sing their national anthem, hilarious bit of TV magic s he stumbled along pretending to know the words.

Nick Ferrari had a Leicester MP on LBC this morning, mentioned about football and a new manager at Leicester when the MP said "We have a very good current manager", Ferrari then tells him that Holloway was sacked some weeks ago....cue stunned silence and MP saying "oh"........talk about foot in mouth moment, nearly crashed the car laughing.

Our MP's, not out of touch at all really are they, especially in their own constituencies...LOL
  • Options
    Mate the best thing i ever saw a local MP do was Rosy Barnes. It was about 9PM at night iwas living in Deptford at time. Knock on door i open door and there is this very small lady (Rosy barnes). She tells me who she is and that she will be standing in the By Election for the SDP (who). Now this is Deptford at nite , in the dark and she is on her own ! That took some conviction and some gonads.

Mind you maybe she was just lost ?
  • Options
    Did she have a stab vest on and a kebab in one hand?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]

Allegedly his grandmother was/is Irish, still very strange to me.

Who's Clinton Morrison? do you mean Clinton O'Morrison?

Twat couldnt find Ireland on a map if you asked him!
  • Options
    got to say chaps that I'm pretty sure all those "plastic paddys" would celebrate if they scored against england.

my problem aint so much switching nations more that if you do then that's the nation you should show loyalty to , after all Hakan Yakin was actually born in switzerland
  • Options
    They are more Scottish than Irish most of them, Mcgeady at celtic being the prime example, even Alan Brazil, a well known celtic supporting Glaswegian cant believe he chose to play for ROI instead of Scotland.
  • Options
    that wouldn't happen in our cricket and rugby sides,or even the football,just ask the manager.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]They are more Scottish than Irish most of them, Mcgeady at celtic being the prime example, even Alan Brazil, a well known celtic supporting Glaswegian cant believe he chose to play for ROI instead of Scotland.

Alan Brazil played for scotland
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Read it again, I'm talking about Mcgeady, Brazil cant believe Mcgeady chose ROI over Scotland when he has no Irish links that he knows of.
  • Options
    Tony Cscarino is the best one EVER.
  • Options
    DA9DA9
    edited June 2008
    Mick McCarthy, Mark Lawrenson, John Aldridge, all Englishman,
  • Options
    Kevin Pietersen
  • Options
    I thought rosey barnes stood for Greenwich not deptford?
  • Options
    What about the players that went to the FA school of excelence, which was set up specifically to improve the England squad, and then jumped ship to REP. Deano springs to mind as a prime example.

Also from our current ranks I see Uchechi and Dickson are both toying with playing for countries outside the FA. I wonder if anyone at the club has pointed out that if FIFA get their way they will be classed as forign and find it difficult to get employment from clubs in the English FA.
  • Options
    its geography, the english dominate the british isles in terms of population - its going to happen.
  • Options
    DA9DA9
    edited June 2008
    [cite]Posted By: sygonrima[/cite]What about the players that went to the FA school of excelence, which was set up specifically to improve the England squad, and then jumped ship to REP. Deano springs to mind as a prime example.

Also from our current ranks I see Uchechi and Dickson are both toying with playing for countries outside the FA. I wonder if anyone at the club has pointed out that if FIFA get their way they will be classed as forign and find it difficult to get employment from clubs in the English FA.

Its all because the majority of these players know they are not good enough to get an England call so they take the next best to guarantee an international cap or two, look at Jason Euell.
  • Options
    Rosy Barnes stood for the ward of West Greenwich which covers the area of Deptford around Deptford Creak and up to where Deptford Church Street starts.

I know as she was my MP and i could read my post code.
  • Options
    Well they are really loved by their "adopted" countries aint they?

Roy Keen calling Mick macarthy "an English c**t" Not a racist statement tho.