Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Innovative Football

Let’s be honest, Switzerland V Turkey was never going to be the big draw of the tournament. In domestic terms it’s a bit like Everton V Middlesborough; a game that no-one really wants to see, but has to be played out nevertheless.

Still, at least there were some innovations to make tonight's game enjoyable. I think the following should be employed whenever there’s a potentially dull game:

1. Water everywhere: It was like It’s A Knockout. How funny was it when the ball just stopped dead on the spot? With a bit of imagination the players could have been forced to wear clowns feet and have wet sponges thrown at them. Perhaps the BBC should have got Stuart Hall to commentate.

2. Poetic Commentary: Did you hear it when the Swiss scored, “It’s Hakan Yakin with a tap in”. How much better it would be if commentators were only allowed to speak if they made rhymes up. Roger McGough could become head of BBC sport.

3. Finally, of course Senderos should be forced to wear a thick coating of parsley sauce every time he plays.

What ideas do you have for livening up potentially dull games?

Comments

• Options
    Didn't see the match Chris, but funny stuff!
  • Options
    Birds with big hooters to lap dance to keep you in the ground
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Chris Morris[/cite]. Water everywhere:

I know and i am going camping in Switzerland in a month, hope it does not rain like that when we are there
  • Options
    Like it Chris.

How about a naughty step in the corner for when a player shows off at a decision that goes against him. COuld be called the Johnny R Stand ?
  • Options
    players should have to wear hats !

Once played in a game where our centre forward was still pi55ed from nite before and played in a trilbey ! thing is he actually scored with his nut !! took the thing off s ball came over and nutted it in !
  • Options
    Go down the crackerjack route and everytime the a player cocks up they have to carry a cabbage around with them for five minutes.
  • Options
    If it is still 0-0 at half time, they should bring on a tiger for the first 10 minutes of the second half to liven it up a bit.
    And no subs allowed afterwards except for confirmed deaths ;)
    Firm but fair, I think. We pay our money to be ENTERTAINED after all.

Losing teams should be made to watch Spice Girls The Movie. Twice.

Refs and linos who make really bad decisons and seem to enjoy being the centre of attention should be ejected out of the ground by a huge catapult.
  • Options
    I'm sure I heard the commentator say something like ...these conditions are extremely dangerous! but couldn't for the life of me think of anything dangerous.....more like great fun doing slidding tackles starting 20 feet away. Can anyone think of anything dangerous?
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Solid

there were Sharks in the puddles the Swiss put them in to scare the Turks but being a peacful nation removed their teeth and that is why Turkey scored in the last moments
  • Options
    http://www.zap16.com/Easyjet out of hail.htm

Could of been worse could have had a bit of hail.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    link don't work pickwick
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    http://flightlevel.20megsfree.com/

OK tried again - can't get hyperlink to work so it's a cut and paste...

A touch of hail Geneva style - have a friend who lives a bit further along Lake Geneva in Lausanne and he says this night was like the world had ended.
  • Options
    How about random penalty decisions in injury time to the side attacking?!
  • Options
    Supply the crowd with rotten tomatoes and ask Rodney Marsh to do a lap of honour.