Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Michael Grade Get Your Finger Out

What rubbish ITV is. Here I am working hard all week to pay through the nose for big screen HD TV and ITV are broadcasting one of the World's greatest sporting events in low definition blurro-vision. Utter crap. I could understand it if we were in a NIC or in the land of cheap VT that is the USA, but no we are here in the UK, one of the richest most technologically advanced nations in Western Europe. Do they seriously think this is good enough? Michael, it is not acceptable.

Whilst doing this, ITV have three other digital channels that are busy showing repeats of Judge Judy, Dempsey & Makepeace and The Saint. If I want to watch outdated crap on tele there are literally hundreds of digital channels dedicated to broadcasting utter tosh. ITV does not have to be one (or four) of them. Michael, please, shut down all of the existing ITV channels, none of them are worth a light; invest all your money in having one decent channel broadcasting quality programmes via quality technology. I know that with the unemployment figures going up again today it must be tempting to stick with your business model of broadcasting wall to wall Jeremy Kyle to unemployable chavs, but it's nothing to be proud of is it? Why not change course and aim to do something that you can look back on in your red-socked retirement and say, yes I did a good thing there.

Comments

• Options
    Agreed, utter shit!
  • Options
    The ITV coverage is in HD, but only on Freesat, I think, not Sky.
  • Options
    'ITV are broadcasting one of the World's greatest sporting events '

I thought Galdiators was on Sky ?
  • Options
    I blame Andrew Mills
  • Options
    What you watching it on - Sky, Freeview, cable or Analogue?
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: BDL[/cite]What you watching it on - Sky, Freeview, cable or Analogue?[/quote]

Sky
  • Options
    Well said CM. And when the football's not on its "I Married my sister", "I have got the worlds fattest dog", "Celebrity Pregnancies" and other such worthy and innovative programming aimed at the BB watching underclass.

I disagree about getting rid of all the other ITV channels though, they can put all that crap, plus Kyle etc on them, along with the repeats, and have one quality channel made to show programmes for people with an IQ above 80.
  • Options
    channel 4 is worse , they have had tons of good dramas and comedys over the years and despite having E4 and more 4 to add to channel 4 all we get is repeats of friends and big brother.

not a hope of seeing them repeat the likes of prospects , scully , the manageress , no problems , white teeth and lipstick on my collar to name just a few .

Anyone know if these are on the 4OD thing on the net? as I have mac I dont have the ability to watch
  • Options
    I think they've shot themselves in the foot big time by tying their HD coverage to freesat (and not sky).
  • Options
    Buckshee, the 4 on demand is defo worth down loading, they have stuff on it going way back, plus when the gaffa is out u get to sit back and watch, peep show, brass eye and father ted, i watched an episode of desmonds on it the other month fecking loved that show, it should be shown around the world to show what life should be like, desmond the old school jamaican (with a hitler tash if anyone rembers) the drunk jamacian porkpie, the annoying know it all african matthew, the white hairdresser tony, and all the others, if only peckham was really like that, the sad thing is the city boys are taking it over now.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    and the highlights are tucked away on ITV4. Rubbish.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris Morris[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: BDL[/cite]What you watching it on - Sky, Freeview, cable or Analogue?

Sky

It's bandwidth then. They squeeze as much as they can out of their bandwidth - All the regions, ITV2,3 & $ plus CITV in the same space that the BBC uses for three channels (I believe). Quality is better on Freeview/sat. If you're lucky enough to have both (Sky/Freeview) always watch ITV on Freeview - much better picture.

Murdoch want's megabucks to carry the HD channel on Sky that's why it's only on Freesat for now. Virgin media seem to think that one HD channel is sufficient. It's all a bloody mess to be honest. One company has a monopoly hence why it's so restrictive.
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Cheers BDL. It looks like I'll have to do without, because I'm not prepared to pay out for another system.

If anyone out there is thinking of getting Sky HD, I'd advise to hold your horses. The picture quality is great, but at the moment there's just not enough decent content to justify Sky's exhorbitant fees. I realise that I'm shooting myself in the foot by saying this, because the more people that have it the more chance of getting the programming, but I wouldn't want anyone else to be disappointed like I am. What they don't tell you until the man comes round to install is that half of the programmes they broadcast in the HD channels aren't HD anyway. Can we change the name of this thread to, Rupert Murdoch get your finger out?

Disgusted of Tunbridge Wells
  • Options
    adam, Desmond, Porkpie and co were from Trinidad, not Jamaica. We used to get it here in Bermuda on a Sunday afternoon , along with Keeping up Appearances, which showed us two different kinds of England. Great programme!