Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Andy Goldstein axed from Soccer AM

And about time...

ANDY GOLDSTEIN has been axed from cult Sky show Soccer AM after just one season.

He’s like the AVRAM GRANT of telly — the fans didn’t like him, he lacked the necessary charm and quickly got his marching orders.

Bosses gave the Man United-supporting Londoner the boot at a secret meeting last week after 41 mornings in the hot seat as host.

And bearing in mind his predecessor TIM LOVEJOY lasted ten years, that has to hurt.

The writing has been on the wall ever since Andy landed his lardy arse on the sofa next to co-host HELEN CHAMBERLAIN in August last year.

As the season progressed and he blundered his way through interviews and made a hash of gags, it seemed more and more like The Helen Chamberlain Show.

Watching him trying to find common ground with RAY WINSTONE was as comfortable as trying to put on a pair of wet jeans.

To rub salt into the wound, Andy’s job has gone to MAX RUSHDEN from bargain shopping channel bid tv.

Max should be feeling confident, following in Andy’s footsteps won’t be too difficult.

If you want to hear Max in action, tune into the late show on TalkSport later this month.

And good luck, Andy. I hear there’s a job at bid tv.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...cle1269597.ece

Comments

• Options
    The show is past it
  • Options
    yep had its day time to finish

have a new fresh programme
  • Options
    Even Helen is looking a bit ropey these days..........although I would....
  • Options
    Be warned...do not do a Google image search for Helen at work.....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Fishnets[/cite]Be warned...do not do a Google image search for Helen at work.....

lol!! as soon as you said that, i had to look!!
  • Options
    PMSL...me too
  • Options
    he is doing TalkSport at the weekend at the moment. Thought he was actaully quite good this weekend.
  • Options
    and Max Rushden is bloody awful.
  • Options
    He's an arrogant over rated self important southern Manure fan, he has the personality of an ironing board.
  • Options
    terrible, the show was falling with Lovejoy running out of ideas and when Goldstein came in it's freefall - how did they not spot his crap style on the All Sports Show?!

I like Max Rushden - supports a proper club (Cambridge United) so there will be no big-club favouritism but not sure how he'll make the current affairs to light-hearted footy transition
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Fishnets[/cite]Be warned...do not do a Google image search for Helen at work.....

I didnt see enough of her Penthouse.
  • Options
    So do i........................fecking hell, goes to show the camera can lie,
  • Options
    wow , I was quite surprised when Rushden took over from James Whale on talksport , he had been on BBC LDN beforeas far as I remember not even presenting a show on his own.

Used to love his dad Willie in the 80's
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: buckshee[/cite]Used to love his dad Willie in the 80's

i'm glad you got your punctuation right there, mate....
  • Options
    The programme should have finished after the Charlton Soccerette flashed her dinner.

Typical Charlton.
  • Options
    Wow Hells bells looks fecking fantastic