Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Best barbecue food

I just did:

Burgers
Sausages
Kebabs with green and red peppers, red onion, haloumi cheese, mushrooms
Baked potato (silver foil style)
Bananas with a bit of chocolate in (ditto)
Ice cold lager.

Anyone else have preferences?

Comments

• Chicken wings...
    Vegeburgers (using them reduce the chances of botulism)
  • I do like vegeburgers - though the ones with vegetables, not the Quorn ones!
  • [cite]Posted By: North Lower Neil[/cite]I do like vegeburgers - though the ones with vegetables, not the Quorn ones!

Unless you are vegi eat meat rather than Quorn- total shite......

Good vegi food is absolutely wonderful...................

BFR- being aware of dodgy meat- try pre cooking it (60-76%) in the oven and then put it on the BBQ to flavour- much better......

Trout on a BBQ is also wonderful..
  • [cite]Posted By: North Lower Neil[/cite]I just did:

Burgers
    Sausages
    Kebabs with green and red peppers, red onion, haloumi cheese, mushrooms
    Baked potato (silver foil style)
    Bananas with a bit of chocolate in (ditto)
    Ice cold lager.

Anyone else have preferences?

i'm with you almost all the way neil, though i wouldn't barbeque my iced cold lager. instead i'd keep that nicely chilled and rustle up some lamb massala kebabs.
  • Chicken Kebabs marinated in tikka sauce.
  • grilled haloumi is rather good
  • Paul - damn, knew I was doing something wrong!
  • Mushrooms.
  • add rosemary to your coals whilst BBQing enhances everything you cook. tuna steak drizzled with a good olive oil and some lemon juice wrapped in tin foil works everytime
  • fresh caught makeral straight out of the sea onto the bbq serve with a nice cold beer
  • Sponsored links:

• Red snapper marinade in lemon juice, corriander, spring onion and lemon grass. About 20/30 mins , the lemon starts the cooking process. wrap fish in foil and cook for 20 mins max. Use a tooth pic and push through largest area of fish if it goes in easy its done.
  • more beer

Pork Chops
  • Anything really spicy - ribs, wings, chicken. Or Chicken with Encona hot sauce... did i mention i like spicy food?!

Wifes uncle has a massive BBQ area and does a side of lamb which is one of the most amazing BBQ things ever.
  • netto dog burgers
  • king prawns