Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Help with a dead lawn

DA9DA9
edited June 2008 in Not Sports Related
Right, all you gardening experts, sprayed some weeds a couple of weeks ago on the front lawn, resolve, now some of the grass around the original weeds (which have died succesfully) has turned brown/dead, so it has obviously affected the grass as well.
Two weeks ago I bought some seed & feed stuff, threw the new seed over the dead/brown patches as instructed (no planting or tilling required according to the box) and then the chemical stuff that came with it that allegedly promoted growth. Loads of rain and a couple of weeks later, nothing, still dead patches, so my question is, does anyone know of a wonder product that would revive the dead grass or help progress the now newish seed or is it to late and new turfs required?

Cheers in advance

Comments

• Never trust them "only weed killers" mate. Grass is a weed so how can it not kill it ? have an area of lawn/grass which is dead myself so brought some seed. When you read the directions sounds as much work as geting turf ! so not sure wht next step it.
    If it is a small area you can give it a small dig over (not deep) then put some compost and seed it. You will have to also protect the seed as the birds will take the seed in seconds .
  • edited June 2008
    Can't you dig a square out and replace.

failing tht buy some green gloss paint
  • to new at this gardening malarky to help but good luck and let us know how you fixed it and if anything similar happens you will be the feast of knowledge
  • If you're passing by The Valley any time soon, why not pop in and have a word with Paddy?
    Not as daft as it sounds.