Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Colin Kazim-Richards

has landed on his feet.

Two years back he was playing fourth tier football for Bury.

Tonight he was arguably Turkey's best player!

Comments

• Options
    He's only 21 years old now, so two years ago he was a mere 19.

He's currently at Fenerbahce and played in the CL this season - I think they made the quarter finals and lost to Chelsea. Although born in London he qualifies for Turkey via his Turkish mother.
  • Options
    As a complete neutral, I really enjoyed the match lat night!
    Hopefully it's a sign of things to come for this tournament.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: F-Blocker[/cite]As a complete neutral, I really enjoyed the match lat night!
    Hopefully it's a sign of things to come for this tournament.

agree, good game to watch.
  • Options
    I was screaming at the tv when Nani went down dramatically under that challenge but when they showed the replay I was astounded at why he hadn't even given a free kick let alone sent him off
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: buckshee[/cite]I was screaming at the tv when Nani went down dramatically under that challenge but when they showed the replay I was astounded at why he hadn't even given a free kick let alone sent him off

My wife said "it can't have hurt that much" just before you saw the blood on his leg.
  • Options
    i remember watching him for Brighton away at Sheff Wed a couple of years ago before Warnock bought him.He looked very raw but you could see he had a lot of talent.IMHO a player we should have been looking at.Like Thomas he was one for the future.Just because he wasn't at a prem team doesn't mean we should have been put off.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]has landed on his feet.

Two years back he was playing fourth tier football for Bury.

Tonight he was arguably Turkey's best player!

He was at Bury six years ago Len,he was at Brighton the year they got relegated from the championship.Sorry to be a statto
  • Options
    It was three years back rather than two years back he was at Bury.

http://www.soccerbase.com/players_details.sd?playerid=39699

Still an amazing change of fortune.
  • Options
    Why is he known as Kazim Kazim, but appeared to have C. Kazim on his shirt?
  • Options
    Apparently he can hardly speak a word of Turkish and Emre (being the only other English speaker amongst them) has to do all the donkey work!

How funny is that - not being able to speak your own "nationality's" language!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]How funny is that - not being able to speak your own "nationality's" language!
    I wonder how many of the Welsh squad can speak Welsh.....
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    probably not many! but obviously it's a different kettle of fish!
  • Options
    Did stints at Sheffield Utd and Brighton, and is now looking for a return to England by all accounts...maybe a Prem new boy team will take a chance?