Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Spurs sign Dos Santos from Barca

Well it looks like Daniel Levy and the Spurs board have pulled a bit of a coup off with this one...
http://www.fcbarcelona.com/web/english/noticies/futbol/temporada07-08/06/n080606104518.html

Watch out top 4, here we come!

Comments

• Options
    Yeah the new big 5 heard it all before!!
  • Options
    It's going to be top 7 or 8 in no time :o) Villa, Man City and Everton have to be considered challengers now too.
    In all honest, CL football is still a very long way off...but we are moving in the right direction!
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    What a fantastic signing.

Honestly I've watched this kid a lot and Barcelona are MAD to let him go and without the emergence of Bojan (the best young Spaniard in a generation) and the sheer turmoil at the club, he would not be anywhere near the exit door (he wants out).

If he can toughen up a bit and get used to the physical side and the pace of the game - much the same as Modric - he will be a class above (though unless you play one CF, how on earth they will both play up front I have no idea)

Scored a marvellous hat-trick in his final appearance as well.
  • Options
    Yeah it's always worth applauding the board when they manage to convince a player to join you ahead of Manchester City and Aston Villa... and then purchase him from a better club who don't think he's good enough.
  • Options
    The problem he had at Barca was that he had Messi and Bojan ahead of him in the pecking order.

I know its only been announced on the Barca web site at the mo and not even as much as a sniff on the BBC, on Sky or the official site so it could all still go horribly wrong (it wouldnt surprise me in the slightest) but this "signing" has got me excited like I was when Klinsmann signed for us the first time.

All we need now is a decent keeper...and keep hold of Berbatov!
  • Options
    It was said toungue in cheek in preperation of the conversation i will no doubt be having with my brother... much more excited about the Hudson signing myself.
  • Options
    It's all over BBC and Sky now so can relax...
  • Options
    Who gives one.
  • Options
    aint it the sabbeth ? so stop giving it billy big bo**ox and have some respect or ill get the Rabi on the phone.
  • Options
    who cares who Spurs have signed ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]who cares who Spurs have signed ?

We cared when they signed Darren Bent:-)
  • Options
    Dos Santos has popadom legs, will be on the treatment table more than the pitch....chin up.
  • Options
    Oiii! This is a Charlton website.

If we want to see who Spurs have signed we can go to the BBC website.

To put it nicely, go away JohnBoy.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: jimmymelrose[/cite]Oiii! This is a Charlton website.

This is a charlton forum that has an other football catagory, it's in it, if you don't want to discuss it or read it, block the catagory..

Sorry Jimmy, on this one you're bang out of order
  • Options
    Let JohnBoy have his 5 minutes of happiness at this signing. If he has a good season he'll be off to 1 of the top 4 just like Carrick.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: StanmoreAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: jimmymelrose[/cite]Oiii! This is a Charlton website.

This is a charlton forum that has an other football catagory, it's in it, if you don't want to discuss it or read it, block the catagory..

Sorry Jimmy, on this one you're bang out of order

'Bang out of order' - lol. That's a bit exagerated.

I don't mind fans of other clubs coming on here at all- it adds diversity to opinions. But to come on here to announce their signings is taking the pee if you ask me. Why should I have to block the category?

I put it nicely and I'm entitled to my opinion. And if you read this thread I'm not the only one with it.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: jimmymelrose[/cite]Why should I have to block the category?

because you don't want to read it? You can't moan about something that is totally optional for you.
  • Options
    I'm with Jimmy, if this was part of an ongoing thread then fair enough, but it has nothing to do with us. Put it this way, should we find a Spurs site and start a thread about signing Mark Hudson? That would be rather silly...

We can all read the BBC if we want to keep tracks on what players are being signed by Prem clubs, and more specifically we can find a Spurs site if we want to keep up-to-date with their transfers.
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    It's not just posted by some random yid though is it, it's been made by a regular visit who bring a lot to the forum.

I just don't see why he shouldnt share his good news.

By your arguement, it's not a:

Eblsfleet forum - http://www.charltonlife.com/forum/comments.php?DiscussionID=16565&page=1#Item_1

Gillingham forum - http://www.charltonlife.com/forum/comments.php?DiscussionID=16412&page=1#Item_1

Chelsea forum - http://www.charltonlife.com/forum/comments.php?DiscussionID=14585&page=1#Item_0
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of SE7[/cite]It's not just posted by some random yid though is it, it's been made by a regular visit who bring a lot to the forum.

Ok, should we start a thread everytime Spurs sign a player then?

I'm sure there are enough websites dedicated to discussing Spurs out there in the internet...so no need to discuss it here, but ultimately it's up to Afka/Lookout, after all it's their site.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of SE7[/cite]It's not just posted by some random yid though is it, it's been made by a regular visit who bring a lot to the forum.

By your arguement, it's not a:

Eblsfleet forum -[url=]http://www.charltonlife.com/forum/comments.php?DiscussionID=16565&page=1#Item_1[br<][/br<]/&gt;
    Gillingham forum -[/url][url=]http://www.charltonlife.com/forum/comments.php?DiscussionID=16412&page=1#Item_1[br<][/br<]/&gt;
    Chelsea forum -[/url]http://www.charltonlife.com/forum/comments.php?DiscussionID=14585&page=1#Item_0

Difference is that Ebbsfleet are a local club to south London/North Kent, plus there were quite a few people on here (well several) who were going to the match, so I'd say that game had more relevance to the community here.

Last time I looked Spurs were based in North London and therefore no-where near our core area, and besides wishing a non-league club well in a Wembley Final is hardly the same as tracking the ins and outs at White Hart Lane.
  • Options
    feck me we'll be getting budgie and sos announcing palace signings soon.

with respect john boy couldn't give two hoots
  • Options
    christ there are some pedants.

Its a thread in the other football section very clearly titled. You were not lured in under a false pretense. If you don't want to read it, don't open it.

Personally, i'd much rather any form of football related post to crap about Big Brother / Ken Livingston / knife crime / Boris / religion etc but sadly it appears i'm in the minority.
  • Options
    oh sorry didn't realise i wasn;t allowed to say i don't give a **** who spurs have signed
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]oh sorry didn't realise i wasn;t allowed to say i don't give a **** who spurs have signed

So just don't read the thread? This forum could do with a lot less negativity.
  • Options
    Coooor blimey! I don't care but thought I'd have a butchers to see if there was any banter as John is a good bloke and one of us as much as a dirty yid can be!!

Could you resurrect the Blackpool thread please? I want to take the piss out of curious, Stu and GumboAnd for everyone else to join in ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]

Personally, i'd much rather any form of football related post to crap about Big Brother / Ken Livingston / knife crime / Boris / religion etc but sadly it appears i'm in the minority.

Boris and Ken are on Big Brother knifing each other while praying!!!! Maybe I'll watch it tonight.
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    WHAT?!?!