Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

How do you sell shares ?

Whats the process of selling shares I have my share certificate do i have to send it off anywhere ????

Comments

• Options
    I believe its all electronic these days....speak to a Broker..
  • Options
    Phone your broker or register with one then instruct them to sell the shares. Then send the share cert off.

If you are a regular share buyer look a www.idealing.com or others that charge £10/transaction (some even less), but if not you might be better off phoning your bank, again you'll probably have to go through a registration process but at least they can deposit the money for you in your account. One word of warning, make sure you you ask the price to sell x number of shares before you do, and that you get the price at which you sold.
  • Options
    Check that your bank hasnt got a Dept that will do it for you. I sold some last year it was a bit more complicated as they were registered in the USA and there was a USA tax issue. They charge a fixed rate on the deal plus a % of the overall value. Check that you have agood idea of the share value pre sell and get the quote from them.