Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

LADIES Hairdressers

edited June 2008 in Not Sports Related
OK i know lads, this is completely inappropriate message board to post this but this is a plea for the girlies. Can you recommend hairdressers for cut/colour which does not cost the earth? I have lived in Blackheath for 5 years and been to upteen hairdressers, Go West, Greenwich Clipper but still not particularly happy. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Options
    http://www.sarahroberts.co.uk/
    I go to Sarah Roberts in lee green. Not cheap if you actually have Sarah Roberts herself. I had all over colour, 5-10 foils, cut and blow dry and that was £100. but it was great. I only go to the hairdressers once every 9 months so I don't mind paying so much.

I'm actually going to her tomorrow, but having a senior stylist (Nicola), who is slightly cheaper and having the same colour and highlights put in, it should be about £80. She's really good and her boyfriend is a Charlton fan!

its a cool place though, and the girls are really nice and chatty, the music they play in there is good too.

must say, not being a regular hairdresser go-er, I don't go there every 6 weeks, and probably wouldn't be too happy to pay a large amount for a trim, although they do have good less senior stylists, that are worth seeing.

not too far from Blackheath either.
  • Options
    Thanks, i go about every 6-8 weeks and pay about £90-100, its ridiculous
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]http://www.sarahroberts.co.uk/ I only go to the hairdressers once every 9 months so I don't mind paying so much.

Can you believe it ... once every 9 months. Mine gets done every 3 weeks ;)
  • Options
    thats cos it often clashes with your outfits.
  • Options
    shave mine every 2 weeks
  • Options
    Try Chandler Wright in Blackheath Village. May be a tad exspensive but very very good. My wife travels to have her hair done there and she is very choosy. Also it's owned by a Charlton fan.
  • Options
    shave mine every 4 days fecking liberty you women spending 100 quid on a poxy haircut mine washes hers before she goes then pays for a haircut that includes a wash what the feck is that about
  • Options
    Grow it, cultivate a fro, make it your aim
  • Options
    no way i look like a fecking badger i havent seen so many grey hairs not just that i am thinning out badly on me noggin shame about me belly it could do with some natural loss
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    If you want to get a cut & colour on the cheap, ask in your local salons if they have any juniors/trainee stylists that need models for cuts & colours. They will be trained(don't worry) & supervised, & this is to gain experience, or go toward their full qualifications.

It will set you back between £10 & £20 to cover costs of materials, but you will get it done. Its usually the larger salons that do it, you will have a good chance of reducing your hair bills considerably if you try that way.

Failing that, a trip to your nearest Toni & Guy or Essensuals:Toni & Guy or a Rush salon, asking for trainee stylists/technicians again, would also do the trick.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    i go to nicks in catford,ten pound,he italian and a charlton fan and loves to talk charlton and the old country.nice man.
  • Options
    Groom in Orpington high street for me. The fella is a Palace fan, my hair is a bit too long for my liking now but I'm giving him a swerve for a bit
  • Options
    Nicks in Catford... I grew up in that place! He used to call me and my bro "the mafia" Is he still going?

Worked with his son in Makro for a while.
  • Options
    I go to Paul's in Grovey bird with massive tits and low cut tops doea it every time. She's not too bad at cutting me barnet either!