Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Divorce Solicitors...

edited June 2008 in Not Sports Related
Got around to making myself an appointment to see a Solicitor - recommended we use one within the "resolution" group which helps to keep things amicable.

£170 per hour PLUS vat. Yeah, very amicable for their wallets. Wife told me her's is £185 per hour PLUS vat. Are these normal prices or are we being ripped off?

Comments

• Options
    When I got divorced, I had to take a Barrister to court with me.....£1000 a pop....and had to go 4 times...

Ex-wife wouldn't play ball...
  • Options
    You wait till you get the final bill, that when it doesnt become amicable.
  • Options
    my wife works at a solicitors and those prices would get you a coffee with the receptionist !!
  • Options
    That isnt alot some are well over £250 an hour.

last time i had a "problem" i ended up witha Chief Advocate i thought "here we go i`ll have to sell the house" he managed to get legal aid and he was stunningly good !
  • Options
    Mate of mine went to CAB and they put them in touch with a local CAB run thing which hosts four meetings in which you agree to the financial stuff and then that is it. I expect it helps if it is an amicable thing and the costs if there were any were negligible
  • Options
    crazy money
  • Options
    The rich get richer...
  • Options
    A work colleague is paying £275 an hour for her divorce. I've just had to cough up £321 for an abortive house purchase and he didn't have to do any work!
  • Options
    Did mine online, cost £99.00 all in