Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Knife crime? Boris has it sorted....

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article1248407.ece

You just really could not make it up, could you? And to think some people thought he was out of touch with real life......

Comments

• Options
    And Livingstone had it sorted?..
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Fishnets[/cite]And Livingstone had it sorted?..[/quote]

Exactly
  • Options
    he may be on to something. I studied Latin at school and I have never stabbed anyone. quod erat demonstrandum
  • Options
    It says page not found, what is Boris's suggestion? Send them to Eton? Get someone to go around and beat them up?
  • Options
    Politicians will do what they can but there is no magic wand (or golden dagger?) they can wave.
  • Options
    Dictum meum pactum....

'Ive never stabbed anyone either...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: kigelia[/cite]he may be on to something. I studied Latin at school and I have never stabbed anyone. quod erat demonstrandum

Me too. And I grew up on a council estate in a single parent family :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Fishnets[/cite]And Livingstone had it sorted?..

If Ken Livingstone (or any Labour minister) had said anything as half-brained as this then you and all your fellow right wingers on here would have been up him for the rent - as you well know.

No, but because its your mate from Eton (and I bet they'd just love your sort there) and he's a fellow Tory then you give him a free pass on one the most ludicrous comments of the year?

Education obviously has a role to play with underpriveleged youth but teaching them Latin? Some of these kids are flat out reading and writing English let alone bloody Latin. You have a bloody hard enough job getting the little bastards to even GO to school let alone learn an almost irrelevant language.

Still, dear old Boris will get a nice free pass from the right-wingers in the press and talk radio so he'll get away with this one.
  • Options
    Here's a tissure
  • Options
    With the greatest respect Ormy, you don't live here. You have emptied your bottom draw and flown the nest. So why get so worked up by something that does not concern you. It should be a case of....

'nothing is heavy to those who have wings', or as we used to say on our estate 'alis grave nil'
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Fishnets[/cite]Here's a tissure

Tissure? Do you mean tissue? Can't even spell a basic word like that can you? How predictable that your attempt at a put down should be so clumsily expressed. I am sure they would love a nice working class boy like you at Eton or indeed Balliol College. Working class Tories, is there any lower form of life?
  • Options
    Had a bad day Ormy ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ormiston Addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Fishnets[/cite]Here's a tissure

Tissure? Do you mean tissue? Can't even spell a basic word like that can you? How predictable that your attempt at a put down should be so clumsily expressed. I am sure they would love a nice working class boy like you at Eton or indeed Balliol College. Working class Tories, is there any lower form of life?

Lol....you do make me laugh..
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Shag[/cite]Had a bad day Ormy ?

lol, was thinking the same. Ease up Ormy, you should know alterum non laedere is the motto of this forum :-)
  • Options
    Link does not work anymore, or I can't access it because the Sun thinks I am Johnny Foreigner...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Algarveaddick[/cite]Link does not work anymore, or I can't access it because the Sun thinks I am Johnny Foreigner...

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article1248407.ece
  • Options
    love the way a raving lefty is taking the sun as gospel!
  • Options
    I think AFKA is spot on, there is more than one on here who appear to have severe guilt complexes for having left the country years ago for a better life. Good luck to them but now can the rest of us who actually continue to live here get on with paying taxes, voting for who we like and reading the Daily Mail without having it rammed down our throats by foreigners.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Harry Gregory[/cite]can the rest of us who actually continue to live here get on with ... reading the Daily Mail.
    No.
  • Options
    O dear o dear odear 1 whole month after taking over from livingstons 8/9 years barmy Borris aint sorted out knife crime.I think he will have it cracked but next week and then move onto global warming.

Where is is Ormston ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    To defend Boris, he didn't equate learning Latin with knife crime, the Sun took his quote out of context.

What is a little more troubling for me, is his refusal to do a weekly press conference like Livingstone, or even like Bloomberg or Guliani do/did in New York. That's questions from the press are important.
  • Options
    Orders from above. will be Conservative Central Office pulling the strings really. they know it will only be a matter oftime be4 he puts his foot in it live on air somewhere. To be honest what was the point of Livingstons weekly self publicity anyway? The way he spoke to the London assmebley etc was totaly OTT.

One thing which barmy B has done has moved £11 million from the "publicity budget" to help fund more OB on transport etc. Hold on £11million on publicity ! How much was the full budget then ?
  • Options
    Cause it gave the papers a weekly chance to ask the questions. When the LDA stuff was kicking off, Ken did the Press Conferences and took the bullets. I just expect the mayor to be open to the media in London, especially as we don't have half as good a media coverage as similar cities like New York and Paris
  • Options
    Didn't Julius Ceasar speak latin. Don't think it did him any favours did it? If he want's to teach them anything try starting with English.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Algarveaddick[/cite]Link does not work anymore, or I can't access it because the Sun thinks I am Johnny Foreigner...[/quote]

Try deleting the last three characters from the link: <br
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Shag[/cite]Had a bad day Ormy ?

lol, was thinking the same. Ease up Ormy, you should know alterum non laedere is the motto of this forum :-)

I though it was: Vivo, amor, cachinno et perbeatus.
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    "alterum non laedere" - Injure no one? Isn't that matty Holland's motto?

I'd have thought that Boris would have gone for "Ein Volk, Ein Reich, Ein Fuhrer" though...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Harvey Gardens[/cite]
    I though it was: Vivo, amor, cachinno et perbeatus.

Live, love, laugh and eat peanuts ?????

:-)
  • Options
    i saw mr johnson today at the opening of a MRF recycling plant in Bow- he seems passionate about his policies seemed an alright bloke to be honest.
    he did have the piss taken out of him by Sir Robin Wales mayor newham about the latin thing. went straight over my head as I had not read any papers but now I know.

i agree with rothko the mayor should be talking more but maybe he wants to get himself comfy in the job before he does.
  • Options
    Never mind Ormy - nil illigitemae carborandum