Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Luton Town

20 years ago in the First Division, next season will be starting on -25pts in all likelihood and diving straight towards the Conference, terrible for those fans having their club ruined by the criminal activity of others and then being punished time and time again

Comments

• Options
    shame but i remember going to a lot of trouble trying to keep my ever present appearance record at our matches when we played there in years gone by and no away fans were allowed into kenilworth road... (there's a joke about away support in there somewhere;-)
  • Options
    See Andrew Mills was warned to his future conduct as part of the court hearings.

Got to feel sorry for their fans though. They have had some tossers run that club in their history haven't they?
  • Options
    -25? isn't it -10 or I missed something?

Amazing how a club can drop so quickly.

Same can be said for Gretna, an amazing run of 3 (i think) titles in a row and you would of thought the riches of Premier Scottish football (nothing compared to English footy I know but surely they got alot more cash through TV than they were used too in divisions below) but no, they are now bust. All very sad. Saying that I couldn't give a monkeys about Scottish Footy
  • Options
    Not sure where the -25 come from, i thought it was -10 as well.

Always right that misbehaving clubs are punished, but when non of the offending individuals are still with the club, and the club is under new ownership, you have to ask who really is being punished ?
  • Options
    An additional 15 point deduction due to administration.
  • Options
    I was thinking it was -10 but was ISLS adding on 15 for (probably) starting the season in adminstration?
  • Options
    nothing really endearing about them sadly.
  • Options
    -10 points for dodgy transfer deals.

Surely you just pay £5m and get away with it.

Oh no I forget. Luton aren't West Ham are they.
  • Options
    I can't see them starting the season on -25
  • Options
    Nick Owen who is heading up a consortium to buy Luton suggested on Radio Five tonight that it might become - 25.

He didn't make clear why so I can only assume that they will come out of administration without a CVA as did Leeds and so suffer the same penalty of a further 15 point deduction.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    they lost 10 points last season due to administration and as a consequence also lost a bucket load of players and got relegated.

they lost 10 points today for their punishment over transfer irregularities.

next week they are heading straight for another loss of 15 a la Leeds.

a possible 35 points deducted in 2008...
  • Options
    reading their staement on the OS you can't help but agree they have a point with the ten points deduction. Reported to the FA by Mike Newell it has taken far too long for this enquiry to come to friution. The directors concerned sacled Newell knowing he was right and they had done wrong just to cover their own backs. Now having left their legacy is another points deduction for the Club. I've never really liked Luton but I have a great deal of sympathy for their fans at the moment. If they come out of Admin without a CVA they will get a 15 point deduction because if they don't you can bet your bottom dollar that Ken Bates will have something to say about it and rightly so. So -25 and staring the Conference in the face.
  • Options
    looking at League Two this season

Luton would have needed to finish 9th on 68 points to avoid the drop by a point taking into account a loss of 25 points (that's 10 points from the P/O's and 20 points from automatic)

they will be having to reach that mark with a takeover as yet unfinalised, still in administration at this point in time, a total of 0 season tickets sold, no sponsorship as yet, the loss of their best players and not a cat in hell's chance of attracting anyone with no money to spend, and the very attractive view of being at least 9 wins behind any other team

absolute banker to join the likes of Oxford as average clubs who're sliding off the map
  • Options
    shame
  • Options
    When Nick Owen's consortium took over, and found out the true state of the finances etc, he did warn hatters fans that they may well have to face a drop to the conference in order to draw a line under the previous administration's failings, and allow the club to rebuild.

You will not be surprised to learn I feel very, very sorry for them.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Algarveaddick[/cite]When Nick Owen's consortium took over, and found out the true state of the finances etc, he did warn hatters fans that they may well have to face a drop to the conference in order to draw a line under the previous administration's failings, and allow the club to rebuild.

You will not be surprised to learn I feel very, very sorry for them.

Should have been a retrospective points deduction or a suspended deduction, its just criminal that the FA are attacking little clubs like Luton when the old regime has been kicked out and a new consortium has taken over. I heard somewheree that the guys fined who are no longer involved can't or won't be made to pay.
  • Options
    fck em...let them go under...didn't they take paul walsh off us for a paltrey £150k when we needed the money ?...
  • Options
    None of those responsible are still involved - case example - ex-Chairman banned from football for 5 years but given a paltry fine (about £1k)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ltgtr[/cite]fck em...let them go under...didn't they take paul walsh off us for a paltrey £150k when we needed the money ?...

I think it was £250K, and then they took Paul Elliott off us for the same amount. I think the agreed transfer fee (for Walsh) was a bit higher, but we ran into financial difficulties and Luton paid up the smaller amount in one go.