Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Caribbean Tour - Eng v WI in Barbados Feb/Mar/Apr 09

edited June 2008 in Not Sports Related
Being a single man now, I thought I'd treat myself to a couple of weeks away in the sun next spring to catch some of the cricket. The Barbados (3rd) Test Match is scheduled for 26 Feb - 02 Mar but we're looking at going to see the 3rd and 4th ODIs towards the end of March, to coincide with my birthday.

Can any of you that have been to Barbados before recommend any good hotels.
Otherwise it'll be a case of using expedia or virgin holidays.

We were wondering whether it would be worth renting a villa out there rather than get a hotel? recommended?

Want to avoid the official tours run by the Barmy Army as I want to spend some time on the beach too!

Comments

• Options
    If you don't mind spending a few bob on an all inclusive, Almond Beach Club is a great place, and the bus stops right outside and takes you really close to the cricket ground.
  • Options
    The West Coast of Barbados is the place to stay mate
  • Options
    Try and stay near to St Lawrence Gap as this is where the best of the nightlife is based.
  • Options
    I went to the cricket there in 95 was one of the great sporting events I have ever been to and I have been to many. I am actually just in the process of persuading myself it is a good idea to go again.

If you want luxury and a quiet time go to the West Coast near Hole Town and I would recommend The Coral reef club or The Colony Club. If you want night life then stay in the South. The beaches are much better on the west as it is the carribean sea as opposed to the east which is the Atlantic.

More than likely be there for the Test rather than the one dayers but dont think about it just book it.