Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Aaron Ramsey

is he really that good that four top PL sides are willing to pay in excess of 5m for him. Didn't even make the bench for either of the games against us last season so I can't even form an opinion from having seen him play. Thoughts ??

Comments

• Options
    Is very highly rated, and if the big boys are all competing then there must be something there.

The big clubs have moved in the past 5 years from buying the best 19-24yr olds, to buying the most rated 15-18yr olds in the last five year.

Sadly, it seems a move that pays them dividends.

Personally, if a kid has real talent like Ramsey, i think if they are going to move on at that age, they are best at like an Everton. Will be working in top rate facilities, but will also have a greater path into first team football. How much good has being permanently on loan done Scott Sinclair in the last couple of years ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]Didn't even make the bench for either of the games against us last season
    ... according to his report from the Cardiff Football Academy, he flunked carpentry ;-)
  • Options
    Spot on AFKA, it will probably be three years before he sees first team football at one of the greedy four.
  • Options
    weren't ManU talking about loaning him back to Cardiff for a season?
  • Options
    going by his performance in the cup final thought he was quality.
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Algarveaddick[/cite]Spot on AFKA, it will probably be three years before he sees first team football at one of the greedy four.

But from his point of view he is at a club with the best coaches, best facilities, playing alongside other top youngster and possibly first team squad players, still has the option to go out on loan to a CCC or Prem club plus he has a nice bit of wedge in his pocket.

Of course if Shelvey is reading this Ramsey and Bostock have made huge mistakes and have ruined their careers. Be warned.
  • Options
    Shawcross may have just ended his career
  • Options
    Thought it was a genuine 50/50:
    Feel so sorry for Ramsey.
  • Options
    What sort of injury is it?
  • Options
    i sky plussed it back to look at the tackle again when sky said they wouldn't replay it...it looked like his leg was dangling..his tib and fib must have been smashed so that's a steel pin job...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]Thought it was a genuine 50/50:

Me too, Shawcross looked absolutely mortified.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]What sort of injury is it?

A very curvy leg. Not quite as horrific looking as the Eduardo one. No Replays though. And i agree looked like a 50/50.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]What sort of injury is it?

Ankle says the BBC
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]Thought it was a genuine 50/50:

my thoughts exactly... an enthusiastic challenge, probably too enthusiastic, just full of gusto and never meaning to "do" him at all.

Very sorry for the boy Ramsey, and god knows what state young Shawcross will be in as well. Horrible.
  • Options
    Rewound it a few times and agree it looked like a 50/50, very bad luck really than anything dirty.
  • Options
    JTJT
    edited February 2010
  • Options
    2dglulg.jpg
  • Options
    Hows your luck, see so many 50/50s like that.
  • Options
    Ref was closest and he saw no foul but clearly saw the damage
  • Options
    im virtually in tears looking at that challenge, imagining the pain for ramsey, and the long term implications on the lads career.

sickening
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    never a foul strong challenge terribly unlucky i feel for both of them
  • Options
    No doubt arsenal fans will overeact like they did with the Birmingham guy, calling for him to be banned for a long period, and probably send him death threats. But as stated, looked a 50/50 to me and just one of those things. Awful to happen to the lad though. Noone wants to see that
  • Options
    I make Wenger right what he said afterwards, and Fabregas. Sides know how to make life difficult for Arsenal and thats by kicking them.

Even United and Chelsea do it.

Shawcross flew in, it was a foul because he didn't get any part of the ball but not a red card.

What annoys me with the way this is referee'd is the more physical sides get away with miles more than sides like us do because they persistently foul throughout the games so referee's can't be booking them for every bookable foul because they would end most games with 3 men on the pitch.

I winced when they both went in, for all I say about getting hurt when you pull out half way in to a challenge like that, sometimes being brave can hurt.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I have to say I still feel sorry for Shawcross, that was never a malicious challenge he just got very unlucky, just not as unlucky as Ramsey.

http://img.skysports.com/10/02/800x600/aa1_2425198.jpg

dont know how to link it right, looks agonising though
  • Options
    Sorry if this appears elsewhere, but what a day for Shawcross. Emotional rollercoaster...just called into the England-Egypt squad!
  • Options
    Is the guy trying to strangle him in that picture?!?!

Looks like a fracture of tib and fib - long rehab sadly
  • Options
    Truly horrible and it puts Bailey's rolling and writhing on the ground into sorry perspective. Bailey should be careful he doesn't end up like the boy who cried wolf : if he ever takes a career-threatening crunch like that, there are going to be a few people saying 'get up your tart' rather than calling for the stretcher, just because of his track record.

But was it really a red card for the Stoke lad ? Not sure it was.

Surely cards have to be given for the intent or the level or recklessness, not for the end result...
  • Options
    MCSMCS
    edited February 2010
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]never a foul strong challenge terribly unlucky i feel for both of them

Yeah its what i thought, saw it happen and thought oooh strong one there, proper old days 50/50, really made me feel sick i have to say, and really feel for the boy, well both of them to be honest!!

It was just very unlucky in my opinion, unlucky that a normally robust challenge should end this way!! Fair play to the Stoke lad who was there in an instant (couldn't see who it was but you knew it was bad by his reaction alone) !!

I am sure he will take into account Eduardo's experience to get a bit of light at the end of a very long tunnel!! he'll be back for sure. I actually really feel gutted for him, even tho he is taff, and arse, i wish him all the very best.
  • Options
    Apparently from a few people studying it in slow mo the break might have happened milliseconds before the tackle itself, as Ramsey landed from going up slightly in the air. I'm not too sure, but it's 50/50 and could happen anytime, just seriously hope it doesn't happen again anytime soon.
  • Options
    Must admit at the time, and watching that clip several times, I thought it was a 50:50 ball. I think the Stoke player (although there may be another TV angle that suggests otherwise) was extremely unlucky. The tackle on Basey the other night seemed much worse in my view. There was no intent to injure in either tackle but that is not the point. Making tackles by throwing your self feet first at the ball is definitely something you did not see 20 or 30 years ago. And I don't remember these kind of horrendous injuries occuring in those days.