Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Loyalty in football.....

edited June 2008 in General Charlton
"I would find it very difficult to justify letting him go under any circumstances." - Mark Hughes on Benni McCarthy in December

One rule for one eh ?

Comments

• Options
    I remember when John Gregory said he wanted to shoot Dwight Yorke when he asked to leave.
    No mention of him grabbing Paul Merson from Boro though.

The only loyalty in football is the fans, and even they can be fickle.
  • Options
    I thought there would be more made of being a United legend taking over the blue half.
  • Options
    Should we boo Mark Hudson for his "disloyalty" to Palace?

Should we refuse to sign Hoolihan on the basis that it was Blackpool who gave him his chance in League football and that is where he should stay.

Should we have stuck with Les Reed and shown him some loyalty rather than sacking him on Christmas eve?

One rule for one (everyone else) and one rule for another (us)?
  • Options
    When was there loyalty in Football?
  • Options
    Steve Bull, Matt LeTissier and Johnny Haynes spring to mind Rothko.
  • Options
    pardew and reid had a verbal agreement about him staying for the whole season.... money talks FACT
  • Options
    Sam Bartram, John Hewie, Keith Peacock, Brian Kinsey, Steve Gritt, Les Berry to name a few....

Alan Curbishley.....
  • Options
    unfortunately football is now the greedy man's game.

look at that fecker sven - granted he was treated appallingly by Man City but his compo cheque couldn't have even been cashed and he's plotted up in Mexico.
  • Options
    Was that loyalty or an unfair and restrictive retain or transfer system?
  • Options
    Add Mark Kinsella to the list Len and you're spot on. Problem is that it's not so much the way the system works but the character of the individual that ultimately speaks volumes. Heads get turned, people get greedy and sometimes bite the hand that has fed them - Darren Pitcher the prime example, ditto Scott Parker. Nasty old World footie, with some equally nasty people in it - agents.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]When was there loyalty in Football?

Or any job.

If someone offerd me a higher salaray with better prospects I'd be off in a second, anyone who says they wouldnt is a liar.
  • Options
    Spot on. Mind you, if someone said to me I could play for Charlton I would be a) not very good b) berated by 23,000 people and c) made for life for a month of their salary!