Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

If only.......

2»

Comments

• Options
    Parker and Robert Lee

Pains me to say Parker but he was a game winner on his own. And think how many goals Iwlemuo and Gray would get with Lee's crosses alone
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: RedArmySE7[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]I find peoples views of Darren Bent quite amazing.

Parker and Graham Stuart at their peaks.

You not rate him then Chirpy?

He was ok but totally overated IMO.
  • Options
    I don't know about that mate, we have had a lot of ok strikers go through this club and do nothing with a lot better service than Darren Bent
  • Options
    Robert Lee & John Humphrey.

Bloody tough choices though with the likes of Kinsella, Parker, Bent, Mendonca, Williams, Robinson, Hunt & many more to choose from.
    Quite a few other unsung heroes that I have admired greatly also, in my years as a fan so far.

My choices are based on sheer footballing ability though, if I were to choose players based on ultimate heart & fight, Kinsella & Robinson would be our 2 time travelling(from their prime era's respectively) new summer signings.
  • Options
    Mendonca and Parker
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: RedArmySE7[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]I find peoples views of Darren Bent quite amazing.

Parker and Graham Stuart at their peaks.

You not rate him then Chirpy?

He was ok but totally overated IMO.

Very harsh marker, Chirpy! Still, you are entitled to you opinion.

All I would say is that apart from his first 15 games for us he suffered from absolutely abysmal service with no quality from midfield and a variety of sub-standard attacking partners (that's when he was not upfront on his own) and he STILL came up with plenty of goals from absolute scraps.
    A lot of the time he played injured as well, especially in his second season.
  • Options
    If we just had Parker & Jensen in midfield, we'd be dynamic. At least with Jensen, we'd be able to take a decent corner.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]If we just had Parker & Jensen in midfield, we'd be dynamic. At least with Jensen, we'd be able to take a decent corner.

Bryan Hughes it is then. ;-0