Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ronaldo and Real

Can't quite get my head around this.

Obvious Ronaldo had privately told Real he will go there, which has led to their very public campaign. But what i can't understand is why ?

He is 23, so plenty of time left in his career. He has more chance of winning top medals over the next 3 years with Man U, is likely to be paid more by Man U, is idolised by their fans and recognised as the No1 in this country. He isn't Spanish, and Madrid isn't his hometown, so i don't get why he would want to go there now at this stage in his career.

Comments

• Options
    Money. simple. They are probably offering him something astonishing.
  • Options
    they have obviously offered him loads of money and he has already had his pick of the English scrubbers and fancies a change
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    It is because the rain in Manchester causes the copious amounts of hair product he uses to run into his eyes and cause him excruciating agony, as this affects his eyesight he falls over a lot. He is fed up of being accused of diving as a result of this horrific affliction and has decided to move where the rain falls mainly on the plain.
  • Options
    stupid winker.
  • Options
    If you were a rich pampered football star from a warm country would you rather live in Madrid or Manchester?
  • Options
    His mothers wants him to go to Madrid.....and she's the boss
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: The Equaliser[/cite]His mothers wants him to go to Madrid.....and she's the boss

And his girlfriend who he is rumoured to be marrying is Spanish too.
    Personally though i think he'll stay in Manchester at least 1 more season. The best time for him to go would probably be in 2 years when Fergie goes.
  • Options
    Is probably because Real Madrid is a bigger football club in terms of success that Manure - so so a player of Ronaldos ability would want to ply is trade at the Galacticos where all the greats have played.
  • Options
    So tiresome, every summer it's the same. We had two years of it with Viera, then Henry....yawn!
  • Options
    ...and who could forget the Tevez summer
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    he'll go at the end of the coming season...I did read somewhere they were offering him £250,000 a week before tax, just a plucked figure I'm sure but you can see why he's probably considering it
  • Options
    '£250,000 a week before tax' thats...what...£1000 per step over per game?