Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Gretna Gone

According to the PFA website breaking news. They have relinquished their league status. There a good book/film there somewhere.

Comments

• Options
    Where is the owner now? I know he was seriously ill but has he, hopefully, made a full or partial recovery.

Very sad, very strange.
  • Options
    Really sad, but that's waht happens when you rely on one man to bank roll the club, lets hope it happens to chelski
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    The SFL are now touting for possible replacements...

the quickest rise/fall from and then to oblivion in the history of British football? Certainly in recent times - very sad and I'm sure Brooks Mileson will be left heartbroken as well as in terrible health that all his work over the past few years has now vanished

As far as I understand Mileson is as poorly as ever and now heavily in debt, given his condition, I don't think he would have the required legal power to hand over safety money even if he could
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]Really sad, but that's waht happens when you rely on one man to bank roll the club, lets hope it happens to chelski

I don't think you meant it to read that way but perhaps wishing that Roman has a serious brain condition and so pulls the plug on Chelsea is maybe not in the best of taste.

People keep saying Roman will get bored or pull out but why should he. He doesn't need the money, what he's spent is about one years income for him, he gets a lot of glory/pleasure/exposure and despite not winning a trpohy this year they are not exactly on the slide. I think he will be around for a long while yet.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]Really sad, but that's waht happens when you rely on one man to bank roll the club, lets hope it happens to chelski

I don't think you meant it to read that way but perhaps wishing that Roman has a serious brain condition and so pulls the plug on Chelsea is maybe not in the best of taste.

I don't think anyone read it like that.
  • Options
    I certainly didn't, I read it exactly how it was meant and how most people would - that Chelski crash and burn.
  • Options
    R.I.P
  • Options
    I certainly did not read it like that.
  • Options
    Just me then but the previous posts has mentioned his very poor health.

As I said I didn't think for a moment that that was Kap meant.
  • Options
    Note sadly that Brooks Mileson died last week
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RIP
  • Options
    Very Sad

RIP
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Note sadly that Brooks Mileson died last week

Henry do you spend more time on Charlton Life or reading the Obituaries? :-)
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    He tried to create something, it worked for a while and sadly went pear shaped in the end.

At least he gave it a go.

RIP
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Covered End[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Note sadly that Brooks Mileson died last week

Henry do you spend more time on Charlton Life or reading the Obituaries? :-)

Charlton Life but always read the Obits when I pick up a paper or I listen for them on the radio. You get some fascinating stories often about people I at least hadn't heard of.

Kevin Finnigan the Boxer and Ian McColl the former Rangers star and manager of Scotland and Sunderland both had obits in the Times on the same day this week.
  • Options
    Always used to read the Obits. Didn't know about McColl or Finnegan.

Shame about Mileson, he did live the dream though.
  • Options
    And Jack Scott the BBC Weatherman from the 70s.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/comment/obituaries/
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]The SFL are now touting for possible replacements...

oh cool i will let my local pub side know, they'd be easily good enough!