Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Britain's got talent

edited May 2008 in Not Sports Related
George Sampson... doesn't do it for me voted for Kate and Gin they were a proper VARIETY act in my books and worthy of £100k even though the locals were mad about Faryl

Comments

• you voted?
  • Had to be the dancin' dawg surely?!

I think what the programme really showed was that Britain Has Bugger All Talent.
  • Well the wife did!
  • Violins or the other young lad

A poxy street dancer joke
  • edited June 2008
    I have to say i watched it - I don't normally but Mrs BA and the kids were watching. I voted for the violin group - I thought they were superb - not just real lookers but with talent, stage presence - the works. My wife voted for the Opera singer Girl - again highly talented. As for the lad who won, I'm afraid it didn't do anything for me but he did have a really gutsy personality so maybe that was what swung it.
  • Mrs RASE7 was watching also so! I didn't vote refuse to on things like this. But I have to say I was pleased for young George, the kid could dance no doubt about that. He put the effort in and you know the public love a fighter. I agree with the others the violin mob were probably the best there, the tall blonde was amazing! Mrs RASE7 was promptly informed that should our paths cross she'd be upgraded! I'm sharing a kennel with that mad dancing dog now!
  • Only saw a bit of that 12yr old girl singing opera, and thought she was amazing.
  • I was watching some paint dry.
  • Is there no off button on your tvs?
  • Love the way everyone trying to cover themselves by saying the wives had it on, had no choice but to watch it blah blah blah! I watched it only cos my girlfriend had it on ;-) but I'd love to shoot the panel, Piers says the same thing about every act, "this is what this shows all about, Britain is getting bad press at the moment, but we do have talent and your one of 6 who can win this" Amanda Holding needs to sack the stylist but you would and Simon Cowell is Simon Cowell.
    I liked the fellas who came second but I really couldn't give a shite who won. Though thats one rich kid, £100,000 at his age
  • Sponsored links:

• Just pleased I'll Do Anything is over so we don't have to have it on in the house anymore. Credit to the winner Jodie for making a decent stab at Son of a Preacher man but really no one should sing that song unless their first name is Dusty and their second name Springfield.

Now, who saw Dr Who? Great episode this week and guess who's coming back next week.

Afraid of the dark? You will be.
  • I not sure whether britain really has got talent and not just alot of gay kids!
  • edited June 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Just pleased I'll Do Anything is over so we don't have to have it on in the house anymore. Credit to the winner Jodie for making a decent stab at Son of a Preacher man but really no one should sing that song unless their first name is Dusty and their second name Springfield.

Now, who saw Dr Who? Great episode this week and guess who's coming back next week.

Myself & Mrs FB picked-out Jodie as the winner from about week 2 - which was quite nice after out previous favourites for both Joseph & Maria were so cruelly cast aside by Lloyd-Webber!

Dr. Who - can't wait for next week. Yeah, ok, so I'm a geek :o)
  • Dr Who, brilliant. Written by Simon Moffat who brought us the empty child and the freezing statues. Clever guy...
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]

Agreed this was the best of this series which I think has been a bit below it's best until last nights episode.
  • Hate these type of things but when I got in from work the wife and kids were watching it and thought most were dross, good young singers but not my cup of tea. The string quartet were talented, but if forced to vote I would have gone for the bangra wacko Jacko and his mate. They had me in stitches quality entertainment!
  • [cite]Posted By: Algarveaddick[/cite]Dr Who, brilliant. Written by Simon Moffat who brought us the empty child and the freezing statues. Clever guy...

never take much notice of the writers but those two others were excellent stories. A bit darker and more sinister.

Will have to look out for this Moffat gezzer.
  • [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]

Agreed this was the best of this series which I think has been a bit below it's best until last nights episode.

Agree, this series not quiet as good although I've enjoyed it
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Algarveaddick[/cite]Dr Who, brilliant. Written by Simon Moffat who brought us the empty child and the freezing statues. Clever guy...

never take much notice of the writers but those two others were excellent stories. A bit darker and more sinister.

Will have to look out for this Moffat gezzer.
    STEVEN Moffat (sorry to be pedantic!) is taking over running the whole show from Russell T Davies at the end of this series. He's written a lot of stuff including Coupling (think British "Friends" but REALLY funny) and has also written the screenplay for the new Spielberg version of TinTin.
  • if I was a kid I would be scared of turning out the lights after that !
  • Sponsored links:

• Russell T Davies is great I think he wrote Casanova which also starred the current "Doctor". Which was also great
  • edited April 2022
    So never normally bother with this as I always tell everyone in my house it's a swizz.

Well it's been on the last two nights and the free pass to the semi final has been given to an established singer who sang one of the songs in the original greatest showman and a comedian who has already toured!

Loada Shyte
  • Had no idea it was still going.

Watched a couple of series (Diversity beating Susan Boyle, and the year with the girl and the dog), but they ran out of genuine amateur talents a while back, hence the people like above who already make money from what they do, and prifessional foreign acts coming over to try to make more money too.
  • So never normally bother with this as I always tell everyone in my house it's a swizz.

Well it's been on the last two nights and the free pass to the semi final has been given to an established singer who sang one of the songs in the original greatest showman and a comedian who has already toured!

Loada Shyte
    Who not to mention is actually American and for that reason she probably won't win because the public won't vote for her.

Despite foreign acts being invited on more and more i'm not sure there's actually been many foreign winners. I can only remember that shadow theatre group one year who won easily but mainly because their act was something people hadn't really seen before.
  • Tonight we had a Dutch woman with a dancing dog (dog was good).
    The last act was Susan Boyle & Michael Ball's love child.
    A peculiar looking chap with a very good voice.
  • Gave up years ago but watched about half hour tonight and saw a Venezuelan who lives in Mexico with some finger puppet act. How the fuck is that Britain’s Got Talent?
  • It is tired and needs putting out of its misery.
  • I thought it was lighthearted relief after what's been going on in the world recently.  It hasn't been on for two years.  Some of the acts were very talented.
  • if Britain's got talent can some of them come to Charlton.  :(