Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Wilma said:
    Women drenching themselves in strong, stinking perfume when they're only going to be sitting in a half empty office.
    Usually to mask the smell of smoke. Which is one of my biggest annoyances - if you dont wanna smell disgusting like smoke how about you dont smoke?
  • Wilma said:
    iainment said:
    Wilma said:
    Women drenching themselves in strong, stinking perfume when they're only going to be sitting in a half empty office.
    Rather there than where there are other people.
    I'm here! 

They should try washing/bathing/showering instead of using perfume as some kind of industrial strength disinfectant and deodorant. 
    And it’s not just women.
  • iainment said:
    Wilma said:
    iainment said:
    Wilma said:
    Rather there than where there are other people.
    I'm here! 

They should try washing/bathing/showering instead of using perfume as some kind of industrial strength disinfectant and deodorant. 
    And it’s not just women.
    I find that Lynx Africa is the best counterbalance to my lack of personal hygiene. 
  • Does Lynx Africa smell of elephant dung?
  • Greenie said:
    On the radio when you hear “I’m gonna play a little bit of...” why say just a little bit surely it will be the whole song? 
    When a DJ plays a song and there’s an instrumental part/solo and they start talking over it, does my nut in, it’s part of the bloody song, Hotel California is a case in point, great iconic song with a cracking bit of guitar playing at the end with a tight finish, and when you get to it....all you can hear is Steve Wright prattling on about his ‘big show’....unfunny hooked nosed cock!
    The worst example being Ernie Isley’s insane guitar solo at the end of Summer Breeze.......it’s sensational.
  • Fake Crowd noise and Jermaine Jenas on co-commentary for PSG v Man City. Enough to turn the sound down.
  • Sponsored links:

• Tutt-Tutt said:
    Fake Crowd noise and Jermaine Jenas on co-commentary for PSG v Man City. Enough to turn the sound down.
    The fake crowd noise has stopped me watching live sport. It no where near real, just monotonous noise. 
    Hopefully sometime soon we can get back to sports events
  • Then when crowds get back they'll be constanting apologising if you heard inappropriate language. 
  • Tutt-Tutt said:
    Fake Crowd noise and Jermaine Jenas on co-commentary for PSG v Man City. Enough to turn the sound down.
    You'll be pleased to know that Jenas has been named as one of the permanent co-presenters on The One Show on BBC1.
  • MrOneLung said:
    JaShea99 said:
    “Bluewaters” is worse. Although I’m not sure why.
    My mum pronounces it as Blue Water which does my head in. 
    That’s another one right there, people that pronounce words with more than one syllable as if they are more than one word or they stress on the wrong part of the word. Northerners seem to do this with the words ‘caravan’ and ‘yesterday’ . 

The way Danny Murphy says yesterday is another on the list of annoying things about him. 
  • The sudden appearance of large amounts of dog shit on the pavement. All these new dog owners I suspect
  • MrLargo said:
    Watching the Europa League and the Champions League and seeing the players line up for the Champions League and the Europa League anthems, in the same way that they would line up for the national anthems before an international match. It's ridiculous, it's just a theme tune, it has no meaning at all. Should I be standing up and saluting at the telly every evening at the start of Eastenders?!

Absurd corporate UEFA bullshit to try and convince us that there's something sacred and noble about a tournament that you can qualify for by finishing in the upper reaches of mid-table.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=xCEEY5LLNgw&feature=share

• Worst thing is if your call is not in relation to Option 1, 2, or 3 and then it cuts you off for not picking one of the 3.
  • Sponsored links:

• Stig said:
    "We're experiencing heavy call rates at the moment". An absolute lie told by so many organisations. The lie is highlighted by the fact that it's always they same message. They aren't experiencing anything exceptional, they're just skimping on customer service.
    ...Or keeping costs down so that the product or service they are selling is competitively priced and their business is able to function / remain in business..

From a commercial point of view, there is no value in p'ing off customers, and businesses are typically trying to get the balance right between cost and service (of course, there is an extent to which a quicker "online" experience also keeps cost down). 

I hate waiting for someone to answer as well but in all contact centres I've had involvement with wait times are a fine balance, not a lie...
  • edited May 2021
    The words "Simister Island"
    No idea nor care where it is, but it seems to be a traffic blackspot that appears regularly in bulletins.
    Something about the name is like nails down a blackboard to me.
    See also:
    Ato Boldon
    Valteri Bottas
    Alan Pardew
  • Stig said:
    The arm on my glasses broke. I thought I'd be clever and cover up the mend using copper tape. It didn't cross my mind that a bit of moderate perspiration would cause the copper to oxidise, now I have a streak of blue/green patina down the side of my head.
    Don't despair Stig, there's always the Jack Duckworth method..

• Mobile Phones on Radio phone in programmes. Yoy can never hear what people are saying half the time.
  • Cups/Mugs that dont stack into themselves so are just balanced precariously on top of each other in the cupboard

• Logan Paul v Mayweather firstly existing, secondly on ppv. I won't credit this cack with a mention in the boxing thread let alone pay for it
  • edited May 2021
    Unnecessary subtitles.

Bugged me for ages. For instance, watching a Scandi noir thing this week there's an exterior shot of a building with a blue and white sign above the door saying "Politi". Now, my Danish ain't what it could be but did I really need to read that it means "Police"? I'm pretty sure 100% of their viewers knew it was the police station, even before taking into account the immediate edit to the interior of the flipping police station.

See also French thrillers where they feel the need to translate and subtitle "bonjour", "non/oui", "merci", etc. Give your audience some credit!