Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

west country weather , glastonbury festival

edited May 2008 in Not Sports Related
on my way home from work this morning I was listening to the report on the weather in somerset and thinking to myself "I'm glad I decided against glastonbury this year"

half hour ago a mate thats playing there rings me up and asks if I'll drive him.

Now I'm hoping to god the weather is good.

anyone else braving it this year?

Comments

• edited May 2008
    well i think you should edit your post in the banal section to be honest. what a difference 51 minutes makes!

i didnt even know it was this weekend. they have had flash flooding in somerset yesterday.
  • it aint this weekend B

last weekend of june
  • hahahha!

didnt think i had heard anything about it! hilarious.
  • so is anyone on here going?

driving me pal to bristol to dj friday and staying in a hotel (which means at least I can get pissed) then making our way to the festival saturday.

looks like the only day it might not rain is saturday gladly enough but at least it seems like it aint gonna be the usual mudfest.
  • I live a bit futher south but the forecast is OK for this weekend.
  • I am currently planning my weekend. I'm going to erect the tent in my back garden, get an extension cable and my mate Ernie's portable telly, get my camping chairs, wellies, blanket, and some vodka and sit in the garden, and watch it on the telly. I might not wash my hair from tomorrow in tribute as well.
    I'm so upset i'm not going its untrue.

Think its hilarious that the only day not raining is saturday, as thats the day my brother has to drive home to do his show on xfm! Haha, If I can't be there, I'm inflicting bad weather on all who go!!!!
  • My son is in his way there now so hope the weather stays good ... although he has taken his wellies just in case!
  • If saturday is the only day it's not gonna rain it won't make any difference any way as the ground is clay and just doe's not drain. I decided to commit the same cost and am going to Turkey for a week instead!
  • edited June 2008
    just spoke to a mate who's already soaked and asking himself why he's bothered

might just stay in the car on saturday
  • Wouldnt be Glastonbury without a drop of rain, would it?
  • Sponsored links:

• A few of my less desirable pals are off this year.

Tyson, Phil the Pill, and Pods.

Not to mention my brother and some of his drop-out mates.

I'm with Millaphile, I'd rather spend the same amount of money going abroad somewhere hot and full of women for a week
  • we've given it a miss this year for no other reason than the weather. It got very annoying last year.
  • [cite]Posted By: FOD[/cite]we've given it a miss this year for no other reason than the weather. It got very annoying last year.
    Did you get left there at the end because you forgot to meet your friends at the agreed time?
  • [cite]Posted By: buckshee[/cite]just spoke to a mate who's already soaked and asking himself why he's bothered

might just stay in the car on saturday

YAY! that makes me feel better! I've been raindancing since Wednesday.

22deg tmrw in my garden. Mini Glastonbury in Lee. We've now upgraded to a bbq. yay!
  • got a text from cheeseroll at 9:52 am, nothing about the weather but it read......

"just being force fed whisky by a swansea fan"

it's the 'force fed' bit i find hard to beleive.
  • WSSWSS
    edited June 2008
    He would have been asleep by 9.53 i'm sure
  • edited June 2008
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]He would have been asleep by 9.53 i'm sure

that is a very valid point.

his phone must've been stolen.
  • I saw that there were 19 thefts this time last year and 127 this year!
  • edited June 2008
    I drove down the M5 yesterday evening and you could see Glastonbury Tor in the distance, like a breast with a nipple on top - and it was glorious sunshine.

Meanwhile, this afternoon about 80 miles away just inside Cornwall, we've just now been hit with heavy drizzle blowing in drifts across our little valley.

As it's being driven from the west, it'll probably hit Glasto in about 2 hours ...........
  • 'Tis raining here in Weston-super-Mare. Glastonbury will be getting wetter, shortly (if it hasn't already..).
  • Sponsored links:

• Watching the highlights now.

How "gay" are The Feeling? I actually quite like some of their tunes, but man - stop mincing there fella!
  • Enjoying Jimmy Cliff at the moment....
  • I saw Jimmy Cliff at Glastonbury - a few years ago now.

He must be 60, if he's a day now.
    I still love, "Wonderful World, Beautiful People".

Isn't Leonard Cohen, there too? He's got to be about 74 lol
    And Neil Diamond, he's 67.

These old fella's are legends. Great they can still do their stuff!
  • Yeah Jimmy Cliff was good, the only decent thing they showed last night. I don't like all these new bland sounding guitar bands that are on the main stage, they all sound the same to me.
    Might aswell re-name the festival Radio One's Big Weekend :(
  • Radio ones big weekend was better
  • just got back , yesterday made me fall back in love with the festival as when the weather is nice there is nothing like it .

Having the chance to just wander around or plot down on dry ground wherever you like is what it's about and one thing I had forgotten is that when the weather is nice it makes it so much quicker to get from stage to stage .

Got to see neon neon , cassette boy & DJ rubbish , last shadow puppets , vampire weekend and a bit of courteeners , Whinehorse and Jay Z and stood laughing as a certain tv presenter slagged off his co host in the hospitality area.

Just gutted I had to come back today but now feel definite I will be back on it properly next year