Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Decisions That Have Really Annoyed You........

That are out of your control:

1) The scrapping of the Royal Tournament - This was done by Gordon Brown when Chancellor. I managed to take my eldest to the last one when he was about 4. I used to love going when I was a kid.

2) Concordes passing - Still find it amazing that such a wonderful piece of technology has just gone.

3) David Gower's treatment by the England selectors, especially Gooch.

4) Any appointment by Lesley Douglas.

5) All day drinking in pubs - I used to support it but now realise that it has killed off the good old fashioned Sunday lunchtime drink.

I'm sure there are many more....

Comments

• Options
    The Saxons leaving their defensive position on top of Senlag Hill and so allowing the Normans to win. Worst day in English history.

Appointing Ron Greenwood and Don Revie England managers when it should have been Clough both times.

Scrapping Fares Fair when Bromley Council complained. Might have had an affordable public transport system in London
  • Options
    6) People not getting involved in what you think is a good topic.
  • Options
    gordon brown making himself prime minister

walter smith not playing kris boyd
  • Options
    Cheers Arf!
  • Options
    Kolpaks in cricket.

England will struggle bigtime in the not too distant future.
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    1. Gordon Browns decision not to call a General Election last October

2. The Liberal Democrats decision to go for a David Cameron sound alike as leader instead of the brilliant Vince Cable

3. AFKA and a few others who decided they would prefer we beat Palarse at home and not get promoted as opposed to lose and then get promoted..:-)

4. The closure of many local Post Offices just because they are not economically justified. Why is Labour allowing communities to suffer in this way and doing the Tories job for them?

5. Whoever it was who decided to produce/direct Pirates of the Caribbean 3

6. Dr Beechings decision to close huge chunks of railways

7. Defras decision to penalise British Waterways budget for canal maintenance because of a totally unrelated farming subsidy cock up
  • Options
    2) Concordes passing - Still find it amazing that such a wonderful piece of technology has just gone.

3) David Gower's treatment by the England selectors, especially Gooch.

[/quote]

Agree with those two in particular, especially Concorde.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]1. Gordon Browns decision not to call a General Election last October

2. The Liberal Democrats decision to go for a David Cameron sound alike as leader instead of the brilliant Vince Cable

3. AFKA and a few others who decided they would prefer we beat Palarse at home and not get promoted as opposed to lose and then get promoted..:-)

4. The closure of many local Post Offices just because they are not economically justified. Why is Labour allowing communities to suffer in this way and doing the Tories job for them?

5. Whowever it was who decided to produce/direct Pirates of the Caribbean 3

6. Dr Beechings decision to close huge chunks or railways

7. Defras decision to penalise British Waterways budget for canal maintenance because of a totally unrelated farming subsidy cock up

Did Vince Cable actually want the job though Bing? Agree that during his short time as caretaker he came across very very well.
  • Options
    Labours decision to replace Jim Callaghan with Worzel Gummidge instead of Dennis Healey
  • Options
    my ex boss selling his company to Yanks and then watching it die
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Kelvin Morton giving Southend a penalty, after Andy Ansah dived 4 foot from outisde the box into the area.

Watch the video of it and you may see a 'slightly' irate bloke in the background in a green jacket on the terraces.

Too many Vodkas I reckon (Kelvin & me).

Oh. Channel Four TOTALLY RUINING the greatest tv series ever, The Sopranos, by putting it at times when it was impossible to watch. Brilliant.
  • Options
    Lord Chelmsford's decision to split his forces in Zululand and then not listen to reports from scouts telling him the Zulus were behind him.

The Earl of Lucan's decision to "charge" at Balaclava

Scott Parker's decision to leave for Chelsea and get a splintered arris.
  • Options
    Cheeky girls getting dropped by their record label.

Reids Sale in January.

G. Taylor picking Carlton Palmer in the England Midfield.

Charlton hiring Les Reed

Gareth Gates not beating Will Young in the first Pop Idol
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Algarveaddick[/cite]Did Vince Cable actually want the job though Bing? Agree that during his short time as caretaker he came across very very well.

No he didn't apply. Like all these things though, potential candidates will take soundings and he clearly felt the mood of the party was to replace Ming Campbell who struggled as leader, with somebody from the younger generation. What they all failed to understand was that Ming wasn't popular as leader because of his age, he was unpopular because he was crap at it.

To my mind everytime the Lib Dems get close to "breaking the mould", they take the wrong direction. I'm not a member but I have voted for them and I feel the electorate at the moment is left with a serious choice between two verions of the Tory Party - Tory Labour and Tory Tory. What more aptly demonstates this than the closure of Post Offices which provide a service to the community and are part of the fabric of our nation. Whats next for Tory Labour - closing the libraries, shutting down the museums?

We now have the Tory Labour Party removing the 10p tax rate and thus helping the not so poor and well off, out of the proceeds raised from the really poor. It gives the Tory Tory Party a chance to demonstrate their completely bogus credentials of being for the poorest people in the country - yet a year or so ago they proposed the abolition of the 10p band.
  • Options
    Taking away standing at football!?

BRING IT BACK
  • Options
    Not putting the charlton badge over the heart on the shirt where it should always be!?

BRING IT BACK
  • Options
    1. Dowies, Reed, and Robson appointment team.

2. The linos decision against Fulham at home in our last Prem season.
  • Options
    The decision to dis-allow Sol Campbell's goal against the Argies in France 98. Bloody hell 10 years ago!!

The decision by Thamesmead Town to sell Millennium FM to (Con) Fusion who promptly ballsed it all up by sacking Mark Fox our best presenter and good mate!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]my ex boss selling his company to Yanks and then watching it die

You work for Liverpool FC?
  • Options
    Non Charlton Ones
    1. Alan Sugar not picking Ruth Badger in Series 2 of the Apprentice.
    2. Chris Waddle not getting picked by England at the end of the Turnip era.
    3. The office only having two series

Charlton ones
    1. Selling Scott Minto for £750K
    2. Not opening the East Stand for the youth cup game in 95.
    3. Allowing Leaburn to be out of contract for a year and a half.

Could put leaving the Valley but that goes without saying.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2008
    [cite]Posted By: BDL[/cite]The decision to dis-allow Sol Campbell's goal against the Argies in France 98. Bloody hell 10 years ago!!

Even worse was the disallowed goal against Portugal in Euro 2004.
  • Options
    Joining the EU "prices will fall in the long term" ho ho ho.
    Selling off all the nationalised industries.

As with others concorde. Used to fly over kidbrooke about 7.30 pm most nights. Always went and had a look.

Not going to see Chuck Berry when i had tickets.

Not winning the Euro millions
  • Options
    Fulham's free kick.

My decision to renew last season (just about to repeat the same mistake!)
  • Options
    the electorate in 1997 and 2005 electing the Labour party.

the smoking ban (and I dont smoke)

the sale of Andy Reid, Scott Parker, Danny Murphy.......

replacing the death penalty with "life" sentances
  • Options
    The smoking ban??? Why?????

Surely best thing that has happened. Couldn't bare the thought of pubs full of smoke again. Plus I can go out and still wear the same clothes again the next day :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Mr-Invisible[/cite]The smoking ban??? Why?????

Surely best thing that has happened. Couldn't bare the thought of pubs full of smoke again. Plus I can go out and still wear the same clothes again the next day :-)

I'm with Golfie on that, but then I was the Marketing Director for Camel cigarettes previously. As a none smoker, I felt that the blanket ban across all pubs was wrong and that each licensing authority should have had the authority to izzue 25% of licences to smoking pubs, thereby allowing punters choice. if there was a strong conviction against smoking in pubs then the punters would show this by walking out. And finally, smoking contributed significantly to taxation and there has not been a proper study on the incremental cost of smoking to the health service/ My understanding is that the tax contribution to the Gov't represented 10 years ago about a 1/3rd of the cost of the health service, whereas the incremental cost of smoking was significantly less than that. --- sorry sounds like I am getting on my soapbox here and it sounds like I care!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Mr-Invisible[/cite]The smoking ban??? Why?????

I'm with Golfie on that, but then I was the Marketing Director for Camel cigarettes previously. As a none smoker, I felt that the blanket ban across all pubs was wrong and that each licensing authority should have had the authority to izzue 25% of licences to smoking pubs, thereby allowing punters choice. if there was a strong conviction against smoking in pubs then the punters would show this by walking out. And finally, smoking contributed significantly to taxation and there has not been a proper study on the incremental cost of smoking to the health service/ My understanding is that the tax contribution to the Gov't represented 10 years ago about a 1/3rd of the cost of the health service, whereas the incremental cost of smoking was significantly less than that. --- sorry sounds like I am getting on my soapbox here and it sounds like I care!

The trouble is that being a non-smoker there was never a choice without a complete ban. As soon as someone said, "do you mind..." you were cast in the role of villain if you said no. Also the staff who worked in smoked filled places didn't have a choice. The smoking ban was without a shaddow of doubt the best thing that this government ever did.
  • Options
    ]

[quote][cite]Posted By: Harvey Gardens[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Mr-Invisible[/cite]The smoking ban??? Why?????

Surely best thing that has happened. Couldn't bare the thought of pubs full of smoke again. Plus I can go out and still wear the same clothes again the next day :-)[/quote]

I'm with Golfie on that, but then I was the Marketing Director for Camel cigarettes previously. As a none smoker, I felt that the blanket ban across all pubs was wrong and that each licensing authority should have had the authority to izzue 25% of licences to smoking pubs, thereby allowing punters choice. if there was a strong conviction against smoking in pubs then the punters would show this by walking out. And finally, smoking contributed significantly to taxation and there has not been a proper study on the incremental cost of smoking to the health service/ My understanding is that the tax contribution to the Gov't represented 10 years ago about a 1/3rd of the cost of the health service, whereas the incremental cost of smoking was significantly less than that. --- sorry sounds like I am getting on my soapbox here and it sounds like I care![/quote]

The trouble is that being a non-smoker there was never a choice without a complete ban. As soon as someone said, "do you mind..." you were cast in the role of villain if you said no. Also the staff who worked in smoked filled places didn't have a choice. The smoking ban was without a shaddow of doubt the best thing that this government ever did.[/quote]

Well Said
  • Options
    I'll second that! Only problem is that you can now actually smell the pub!
  • Options
    Peter Crouch still getting games for England.

I've said it before, but for a fella his size he can't bloody jump and evidently has no neck muscles!