Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Hudson - from today's SLP

"Whatever rewards that come with playing football, then so be it - but moving to Charlton was nothing to do with money. It was a footballing decision.

"I want to get promoted next season and I feel I can do that with Charlton - but was important to me was that I wanted to get promoted with a team that I feel can stay there.

"As soon as I knew Charlton were interested my heart was set on going there."

After Hudson sealed his Valley switch, Palace chief Neil Warnock warned the central defender that "the grass isn't always greener on the other side".

And the 26-year-old admits that electing to switch south London allegiances was one of the toughest decisions of his life.

He said: "It was a very difficult decision for me. I was torn between staying at Palace or going to Charlton.

"I'd been at Palace for four years and the manager has done really well there.

"It was a big decision for me to make - particularly when a big club Charlton come in for you.

"But it's a new start for me and I'm really looking forward to it.

"Charlton are a big club and that's what swayed it, when a club of their stature come in for you it's difficult to refuse.
"The manager gets them playing decent football and they are a London club which means I don't have to uproot my family.

"I had a long chat with the manager (Alan Pardew) and he really impressed me."