Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Cons Club Play Off Party - Congrats

DA9DA9
edited May 2008 in General Charlton
To Rock spectacle, fantastic day, great to watch the game again and your enthusiastic celebrations, gutted, I backed the mackems in the penalties.

Great music and topped off by a stunning acoustic set of 4-5 songs by the one and only Glenn Tilbrook from Squeeze, awesome, people would pay hundreds to witness what we saw, memorable moment and very good of him to partake, hats off to you RS

Comments

• oh my god! wow!
  • am i reading that right,glenn tilbrook was there? bar that shit charlton song great musician
  • It was a fab day and a great way to remember a couple of recently departed Addicks. The band were great, and Dennis Greaves from Nine Below Zero and Glenn Tillbrook from Squeeze were superb. Well done Ian and all involved at the Con club.
  • To be honest mate I'm, still totally overwhelmed (and a tad hung over). Glenn was awesome, wasn't he! I thought I was being cheeky asking him to do Pulling Mussels From a Shell and Up the Junction, but to then get Is That Love, Take Me I'm Yours and Tempted was just mind blowing - Nett and me couldn't move from our seats for hours afterwards! When you think that Squeeze supported The Clash at Madison Square Garden, it's only then the penny begins to drop.

I love May 25th!

RIP Dave and Darren and thanks again for everyone that supported yesterday - details of the bike ride later in the week.
  • let me no a way to donate,would be happy to.
  • Bloody awesome, well done Ian.
  • Sounds a good one gutted missed it

Mrs even drove past and no amount of hints was changing her mind, was well and truely under the thumb yesterday
  • Just had a count up - over £200 raised for the lads, which even if it means birthday presents for the kids, days out or whatever it's something - thanks once again. We also decided Glenn can have free membership of the Club!