Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Best Kebab

2»

Comments

• Options
    Sounds like there are a few heart attacks on the way.
    If the kebab dont get you the NHS will.
  • Options
    Fulham Palace Road, on the left hand side heading south, about 2/3 of the way down.

At least it was good the last time I was there about 10 years ago...
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]So basically, the best kebab shop is the one nearest to the pub you drink and on the way home ![/quote]

And it's usually at that point that eating a kebab seems like a really good idea.
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]Brighton in July herd its by the sea so how about a food rating thingy while we are down there ?

Best Boozer
    Best ENGLISH breakfast
    Best Fish and chips
    Best Kebab

I live in down here in Brighton (when I'm at uni anyway). So...

Boozer: Cold day, The Font. Hot day, any on the beach front. More specifically The Brighton Coalition & Fortune of War.
    Breakfast: The Bystander, next to the train station.
    Fish & Chips: The Bucket & Spade, bit further along the seafront up towards Hove.
    Best Kebab: Sobs, around the square.

Fat Leos deserves a mention. 2 course Italian including a 12 inch pizza (which is delicious) for £5.95. That probably doesn't mean much to earners like yourselves but for us students it's the shiz.
  • Options
    Chunes I used to frequent the font great place, converting an old church into a pub genius idea, lately its not been that great. Agree with any pub on the seafront on a hot day though. H's is great for breakfast but its a bit out of the way, buddies is good as its open 24 hours but a little expensive. Not too sure about kebabas but Grubbs on London Road or in Hove do the best burgers, the triple with bacon is an absolute beast and with the cherry milkshake is excellent
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Yeah true about the Font. I just don't think it's that great in the summer because it's so hot in there. And they decided to spend money on refurbishing (which they didn't need at all) instead of air conditioning. But in the winter it's good. Know a lot of people that work in there, bad change of management unfortunately. Mostly go to the Gladstone which is just down the road from us or the Worlds End on London Road.

Triple with bacon sounds like a heart-attack waiting to happen!
  • Options
    I know the gladstone well, used to live on Mafeking Rd and then Ladysmith Rd so the Bear and Gladstone were our locals. I pretty much like any pub in the lanes, a lot of good beers available and of course a good drop of Harveys at most of them

If the triple with bacon isn't your cup of tea then the Malaysian is an excellent choice
  • Options
    Antalya's, Blackfen.

Thanks to them, is how I got my figure.
  • Options
    Still live around here colthe3rd?

As far as kebabs in London are concerned, has to Harry's in Welling next to the Nags Head. Oh yes.
  • Options
    Hahaha Harry's is awful!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Are you serious!? Been going there all my life. Best chicken kebab with chilli sauce I've ever had. Chips aren't bad either.
  • Options
    Nah Chunes, was done there for uni, still go down regularly but back in sunny Gillingham now!