Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Best Fish and chips

2»

Comments

• Options
    Any chippy in the north, its the only thing they are good at. Beef dripping mmmm.

All fish and chips down here are rubbish fact.

Best ive had was at Sunderland.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Riscardo[/cite]Have you never heard of Cod Worm my mate said ...

So its Haddock all the way from now on

Hate to bring bad news Ric, but the worms can infect any white fish, including Haddock....
  • Options
    Northern fish and chips the best ?????????????? when fish went above 20p a tonne they couldnt aford it so northern fish and chips is lots of chips cooked in double fat with alarge helping of greasey paper !

f**kin northern monkeys
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Riscardo[/cite]Have you never heard of Cod Worm my mate said ...

So its Haddock all the way from now on

Hate to bring bad news Ric, but the worms can infect any white fish, including Haddock....

Oh I know, but Fleetwood is a fishing town. They are all trawler men. Cod is just more susceptible to the worm, that's why it’s called Cod Worm. They wouldn’t touch Cod, so I bow to their knowledge of fish.
  • Options
    I agree with the last line GH.

Prefer chips cooked in dripping than vegetable oil, might as well be veggie, boo hiss boo.

And you can still get fish and chips for about 27p north of Watford.
  • Options
    I always wondered what that white liquid stuff next to the proper vinegar was... onion vinegar

Large Cod and large chips for me. Best i've had is Jacks in Harpenden, strangely as far away from the oceans as could possibly be.
  • Options
    I was down at my Mums near Brighton about a month ago. She wanted Fish and Chips so we went down to the local chippie. You can see the sea from the front window. They had a poster up telling you all about different fish. It was from their fish wholesalers ... based in Lewisham ;)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Riscardo[/cite]I was down at my Mums near Brighton about a month ago. She wanted Fish and Chips so we went down to the local chippie. You can see the sea from the front window. They had a poster up telling you all about different fish. It was from their fish wholesalers ... based in Lewisham ;)

Thats nothing, my mum went to Oz in October last year to see my brother, bought one of them snowy xmas shaky orb things, ie you shake it and it snows, packed it carefully, got home it had shattered in the case, on the base of it.....made in DA1, Dartford, UK.