Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

last thursday

edited May 2008 in Not Sports Related
about half 8 in the eve i was waiting for a cab to go and drop my mates wages off to him,and the phone rang i assumed it was the cabbie to tell me it was him,i was in a rather strange mood as had just had a arguement with my missus i came outside to see a peoples carrier and a black fellow inside with the engine running,i opened the door,my top not on still from just coming out of the shower in a rush and a sat down in the front.........after two mins of the car not moving,i turned to him and told him to move the car,he drove up the street and then turned to me and said what did i want,i said culvery road he said im not a cab driver i live over the road from you.he then parked up and looked at his wheel for another two minutes,i went back and got my cab,i think he thought i was going to car jack him!just saw him outside and told him to be ready again to take me to culvery road at half 8,not even a smile back.

Comments

• LOL Priceless! You must look like an horrible bastard nolly thats all i'm saying!
  • [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]about half 8 in the eve i was waiting for a cab to go and drop my mates wages off to him,and the phone rang i assumed it was the cabbie to tell me it was him,i was in a rather strange mood as had just had a arguement with my missus i came outside to see a peoples carrier and a black fellow inside with the engine running,i opened the door,my top not on still from just coming out of the shower in a rush and a sat down in the front.........after two mins of the car not moving,i turned to him and told him to move the car,he drove up the street and then turned to me and said what did i want,i said culvery road he said im not a cab driver i live over the road from you.he then parked up and looked at his wheel for another two minutes,i went back and got my cab,i think he thought i was going to car jack him!just saw him outside and told him to be ready again to take me to culvery road at half 8,not even a smile back from the c***.

LMAO!!!
  • not really red,i dont have a mark on me,quite angelic for a 34 year old,and for all the beatings i took in the ring i dont look like a boxer,the man was a weirdo
  • I reckon he must have shite himself Nolly and know when he sees you it takes him back he is gonna need therapy
  • [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]i dont look like a boxer,

nicky piper ?
  • very strange man,i have a freindly face no piercings or any offensive tattoos,clean cut,i dread to think what he would have done if a man mountain of a man got in that car? probably took him to culvery road!!
  • I bet he's on facebook or Bebo telling the story of when a semi naked neighbour, wet from a shower, that he doesn't really know gets in his car uninvited and demands that he drives.

And the next day tries to make a joke about I should being ready to take him somewhere again.

: -)
  • that is classic
  • Nigel Benn ? Nolly
  • i think my brother roomed with him gh at england camp,one hard looking man,no i looked more like buster keaton with gloves,i danced round the ring!
  • Sponsored links:

• Nolly ask your brother about the Roames`s from eltham--- Gunther,Trevor and Maynard.
  • [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]i think my brother roomed with him gh at england camp,one hard looking man,no i looked more like buster keaton with gloves,i danced round the ring!

You learn something new everyday...

There's an old boy at work known as Buster been here 4 years only found out his real name is Micheal Keaton about a year ago but never worked out why he was known as "Buster". I do now!
  • Culverley Road in Catford?
  • I use to know the Roomes family - particulary Mark.
  • edited May 2008
    yes mate thats the road
  • I've got in a 'cab' before nolly that turned out not to be a cab. very embarrassing.

also been waiting at the station to pick up the mrs and some bloke went to jump in thinking it was his mrs.
  • Used to live near Culverley myself - surely if the car wasn't a beaten up old Datsun Cherry, then it weren't a cab ;-)
  • Didnt know there was a Marks Roomes. Gunther was the pro boxer, Trevor was murdered in Deptford and maynard fought unliecenced boxing i think.
  • going to ask my dad about them gh
  • [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]Didnt know there was a Marks Roomes. Gunther was the pro boxer, Trevor was murdered in Deptford and maynard fought unliecenced boxing i think.
    He did fella
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Tavern[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]Didnt know there was a Marks Roomes. Gunther was the pro boxer, Trevor was murdered in Deptford and maynard fought unliecenced boxing i think.
    He did fella

Used to see them around Mascalls Court and Cherry Orchard Estate in Charlton many years ago, think they had some family there. Seem to recall they were doing a bit of weightlifting in those days as well.