Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bougherra

edited May 2008 in General Charlton
I keep reading rumours about Bougherra leaving. Dont know if i'd be that bothered.I ve seen him play well and i've seen him play bad. I suppose it depends on who we sign to replace him. What do you reckon ?

Comments

• Options
    I like him to stay but he is one of the few bankable assets so.....
  • Options
    If we keep him, he'll be quality next season, imho.
  • Options
    like him to stay

but rumours are on the up everyday wonder if there might be something in this one
  • Options
    Where are you reading these rumours? I haven't seen any are they made up..as in West Ham are about to buy Saha for 10 million surely Curbs us not that stupid?
  • Options
    I really hope we don't sell him, he has settled now and is probably the bestv footballer aside Gray and Varney in the squad
  • Options
    Kicked on last season. Hope he stays.
  • Options
    'I really hope we don't sell him, he has settled now and is probably the bestv footballer aside Gray and Varney in the squad '

Spot on Carter, love watching him play, my boy is a centre half and he loves watching him play, he breaks the mould as a CH and shows him you can have a bit of flair, bit of skill, and the ability to ping a 50/60 yard pass.

Hope Jonjo breaks into that trio you mentioned. I would put Moutakill in that section as well.
  • Options
    I would like to see him stay still young and for a big man technacially ie very good on the ball prone to the odd mistake but all players are
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Charltonparklane[/cite]'I really hope we don't sell him, he has settled now and is probably the bestv footballer aside Gray and Varney in the squad '

Spot on Carter, love watching him play, my boy is a centre half and he loves watching him play, he breaks the mould as a CH and shows him you can have a bit of flair, bit of skill, and the ability to ping a 50/60 yard pass.

Hope Jonjo breaks into that trio you mentioned. I would put Moutakill in that section as well.

Yeah I agree, I was very critical of him during his early days with us, but he appears to just be coming good now....would be a shame to see him go.
  • Options
    Bougherra is my Favourite player & think the team should be built around the likes of him & Varney, however what worries me is we have hardly had any interest for the likes of Bent, Thomas, Faye, Thatcher etc, eventually we may well have to take whatever is on offer if Pards is to rebuild the team. :-(
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Magic on his day is possibly our best player, and he has been more reliable since Christmas, a shame about his injuries of course.
    Assuming he wants to stay then selling him will be a big mistake imho. Make him captain.

I think Wigan have to buy Marcus Bent for about a million, so that should be sorted soon. Blackburn wanted to buy Faye in January, so hopefully there's a club somewhere that wants to take him. As far as Thomas going, I'll just keep praying!
  • Options
    I'd hate to see him go, as a ball playing defender who links up well he could be a major asset if we are to play well next season.
  • Options
    I voted Bougherra as my player of the year. Losing him after xmas hit us in my opinion as much as losing Reid. I hope he stays.
  • Options
    Thinking about it all our other defenders bar Fortune (similar style, less talent) had their best spells playing alongside him. This was reinforced when we played Sodje and McCarthy together who looked a truly awful pairing. With bougherra in the side we can afford to play a donkey who's only job is to charge into every high ball and head it, without him some of our less gifted defenders might have to kick a ball which scares the hell out of me.
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Charltonparklane[/cite]'I really hope we don't sell him, he has settled now and is probably the bestv footballer aside Gray and Varney in the squad '

Yeah I agree, I was very critical of him during his early days with us, but he appears to just be coming good now....would be a shame to see him go.

Definitely - he took a while to find his feet but has really looked the part recently. Saw him playing for Wednesday (don't ask!) about a month before we signed him and he looked a composed, commanding centre half as well as showing a few deft touches. Would be a shame if he left just as he seemed to be getting somewhere near to good form for us.
  • Options
    Hope he stays....dont want us to be in the same position as last season when Diawarra left. Bougherra would have to be our number one centre half surely?
  • Options
    I really think we should try to hold on to him. the centre of defence is an area we need to sort out. I was very worried with Paddy McCarthy playing as he is shit, we should concentrtae on players like Bougherra
  • Options
    now being linked with Boro too.
  • Options
    http://www.newsnow.co.uk/A/277269944?

Wigan and Boro chasing him alledgedly.
  • Options
    The player's on holiday. I don't suppose he's even bothered by it all just yet .......
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He did not show much loyalty to Wednesday when he came to us so I can't see him showing much to us, if they do come in for him. Suddenly a Hudson / McCarthy partnership is looking on the cards - oh no!
  • Options
    If Bougy goes we definitely need to keep Fortune. He is our one proven Premiership class centre half.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]If Bougy goes we definitely need to keep Fortune. He is our one proven Premiership class centre half.

He is our one Premiership centre half
  • Options
    he is half a centre half
  • Options
    Len he's dined out on one good game against Alan Shearer for most of his career. Fortune was premiership 'potential' a few years ago but he's done nothing since the time Parker left to suggest that he's anything more than a occasional stop gap. The fact that he's been happy to quietly pick up his wages and drift through the best years of his career says it all about his desire to succeed. If stoke want him i'd say get rid.
  • Options
    Rangers and a few Prem teams now in the hunt apparently.

Bougherra to head North?
  • Options
    Yes he has played well at times and in my opinion he is not as good as people make out, Newcastle are said to be interested now..........lets hope that they see in Bougherra what they saw in Boumsong and we get a silly offer like Rangers did!!!

All in all i hope he stays as Hudson may bring out the best in him!!
  • Options
    We bought him 4 £2.5 mil, there is more money in the game now, we should not accept anything less than a £1 mill profit
  • Options
    Evidently Newcastle have bid 2.5 mil.
    Unconfirmed though.